Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Facebook expects Social VR to help people make more connections that no longer depend on location and proximity.
If there are two hot new tech trends that make their users look colossally dumb, they're virtual reality and selfie sticks. At its F8 developer conference today, Facebook showed how the two can be brought together in an unholy marriage.
Enjoy the best of PCWorld.com in a curated Enhanced Edition for Android and iOS, or in a PDF Replica Edition.
Facebook will make the camera's hardware and software all open-source, starting this summer.
Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
Senator Al Franken wants know why Oculus Rift is collecting so much data.
Moleskine's latest digital-paper combination, the Smart Writing Set, has the style of a tablet and the convenience of digital manipulation.
Virtual reality is finally real, but which VR headset is the best for you? We compare the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Sphero BB-8 gets a “Watch With Me” mode to react in sync with the film.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
Get close and personal with the web, but expect some bugs as the WebVR standard isn't quite yet finished.
This week Jon, Mark and Gordon discuss just how cool HoloLens is, if Microsoft promises to fix UWP gaming is enough and bots. And will evil Tay be back?
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
Epson recently introduced its Moverio smart glass technology to guests of the Formula One World Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team at Albert Park in Melbourne.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Oculus software update breaks Revive hack, locks games down to only Oculus VR hardware
- Google declares war on copy and paste
- Google gives I/O attendees a close-up of driverless car (but no rides)
- In pictures: How Google's Daydream VR apes Oculus' hardware and software design
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA