Six months after the release of the Oculus Rift, we finally hear more about its motion-tracking Touch controllers.
Gadgets - News
Oculus wants to move beyond the Rift with a standalone, self-contained VR headset.
At Oculus Connect 3, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg provided a tantalizing glimpse at what social VR could become.
We are live for day two of CEATEC, Japan's largest IT and electronics conference, to check out some of the hottest new products that will be hitting the market.
Panasonic has developed a prototype data transmission system that sends data via human touch.
Sharp has developed a new version of its Cocorobo robot vacuum cleaner that plays J-Pop as it sweeps.
Panasonic has developed a data transmission system that can exchange information through human touch.
RIP Nexus? The Google Store today gave the ax to several big-name devices, including the Nexus Phones and Nvidia's Shield TV.
Soon, you may never have to sort and fold laundry again. Laundroid, a futuristic laundry robot, is being launched in 2017.
Kirobo Mini is small and light enough to be carried around but is probably most at home in the car. There’s a snug holder to keep it safe in a cup holder, and yes, even Kirobo wears a seat belt.
You still buy Vive VR games from Steam, but you can try HTC's Viveport for non-gaming experiences.
The timing first nicely with the upcoming launch of Google's Pixel phones, which should lead the parade of compatible hardware.
These gadgets will make every outdoor event more fun.
A portable battery with a lot of potential for charging a laptop with USB-C.
Google hasn't said what's coming yet, but if you sign up for the initiative you'll be part of the group that's in the know.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- Robot reporter gets first article published in China
- Autonomous robots are about to deliver your lunch in D.C. and Silicon Valley
- The Hub Robot will talk to your LG smart appliances
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business Process analyst - Major Optimisation projectNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW