Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Facebook expects Social VR to help people make more connections that no longer depend on location and proximity.
If there are two hot new tech trends that make their users look colossally dumb, they're virtual reality and selfie sticks. At its F8 developer conference today, Facebook showed how the two can be brought together in an unholy marriage.
Enjoy the best of PCWorld.com in a curated Enhanced Edition for Android and iOS, or in a PDF Replica Edition.
Facebook will make the camera's hardware and software all open-source, starting this summer.
Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
Senator Al Franken wants know why Oculus Rift is collecting so much data.
Moleskine's latest digital-paper combination, the Smart Writing Set, has the style of a tablet and the convenience of digital manipulation.
Virtual reality is finally real, but which VR headset is the best for you? We compare the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Sphero BB-8 gets a “Watch With Me” mode to react in sync with the film.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
Get close and personal with the web, but expect some bugs as the WebVR standard isn't quite yet finished.
This week Jon, Mark and Gordon discuss just how cool HoloLens is, if Microsoft promises to fix UWP gaming is enough and bots. And will evil Tay be back?
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
Epson recently introduced its Moverio smart glass technology to guests of the Formula One World Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team at Albert Park in Melbourne.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Don't look now, but Harry Potter's invisibility cloak just got a big step closer
- Oculus ships all Rift preorders, but made-for-VR Touch controllers still a ways off
- Xounts Up hands-on preview: Two parts wireless speaker, one part objet d'art
- Tech expectations for 2036: pizza delivery drones and avatar dating
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC