Jon, Flo, and Gordon talk iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 cameras, MacBook Pro vs. XPS 15, and if it's right to have a fully catered Burning Man without dirty hippies.
Gadgets - News
The head of Google's virtual reality efforts likened the push into VR to building a new style of operating system from scratch.
It's the first residential smoke alarm capable of detecting natural gas as well as carbon monoxide, smoke, and fire.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
Minecraft: Gear VR Edition went on sale Wednesday in the Oculus Store, selling at $7 to download. The game includes all the features of Pocket Edition, but redesigned to work with the $100 Samsung Gear VR headset.
Mark Zuckerberg expects artificial intelligence will progress to make computers better than humans at basic sensory perception within the next 10 years and Facebook will end up knowing a lot more about you.
Samsung’s Gear 360 camera will go on sale online on Friday, the company announced at its developer conference in San Francisco.
Shipments of virtual reality hardware will "skyrocket" this year and keep climbing through 2020, market analyst IDC said.
The Asus ROG GT51CA gaming rig has a new feature: a wearable ROG Band wristband that can unlock a hidden drive partition or activate overclocking. The wearable's other purposes seem limited, though.
Zeitgeist's carbon-fiber electric bike will go up to 100 miles on a charge and looks like it was built for the Empire.
The Durmet Smarttress uses motion sensors to detect foul play, which is pretty much the worst justification ever for buying a mattress.
A British Airways aircraft was possibly hit by a drone Sunday near Heathrow airport as it was coming to land, which is likely to raise concerns about finding ways to keep greater checks on the flights of the devices.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Facebook expects Social VR to help people make more connections that no longer depend on location and proximity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD