Samsung has announced three new products this morning at an event in Berlin: The Galaxy Note 3, the rumoured Galaxy Gear smartwatch, and the Galaxy Note 10.1 ‘2014 Edition’.
A smart watch from Samsung Electronics, an Acer smartphone that can shoot 4K video and a Sony one with a 20-megapixel sensor, plus a plethora of tablets and TVs are all expected at this year's IFA consumer electronics show.
TomTom is cashing in on the wearable fitness craze with two new sports watches, tapping into the company's long history of GPS devices.
Samsung looks likely expand its successful Galaxy brand of smartphones next month to include a smartwatch known as Galaxy Gear. According to a report from Bloomberg, Samsung will unveil the Android-powered smartwatch on September 4.
The market for smartwatches - devices that play music, connect to social media and even let you make phone calls - is poised to take off. Here's a look at what's available and what's in the works.
A new Wi-Fi enabled doorbell will allow users to see who is at the front door of their home through their smartphone.
Based on leaked patents allegedly filed by Samsung, concept images have been created to show what the Samsung smart watch might look like, and we've compared them to Apple's iWatch patents and speculation.
Samsung has laid the groundwork for its potential entry into the much-hyped smart-watch market, by filing an application for a US trademark on the name "Samsung Galaxy Gear."
Don't unplug entirely before you get away from it all. We've found apps and accessories that can come to your aid on your next walk in the woods.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
Apple will face competition in Europe for the "iWatch" trademark it has already filed for in Japan, Taiwan and Mexico, because other companies have already registered the name in relevant trademark categories.
Apple may face a legal battle if it wants to launch an iWatch in the US. It's emerged that a far smaller California company has filed for a patent on the iWatch name, and is currently attempting to raise funds to build a product with that name.
In what many are deciding is evidence that Apple is set to launch a smartwatch, the company has hired the CEO of Yves Saint Laurent.
Looking to shed some kilograms? Jason Snell highlights some apps and gadgets that can help with your exercise regimen.
Apple has filed to trademark the phrase "iWatch" in Japan, amid rumours the company will soon launch a smart watch device globally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New self-propelled stroller launches crowdfunding campaign
- Samsung tweaks Galaxy Note 5 hardware to ensure the S Pen won't get stuck
- Forget Google Glass: Carl Zeiss's smart lens prototype proves smart glasses can be subtle
- Intel moves to put chips in shoes, sunnies and snowboards
- Google's top trending topics of 2015 include the hottest gadgets in tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia