At the heart of the fraught court battle between video gaming giant Sony and a clutch of tiny Australian technology retailers kicked off in Melbourne this month is a simple disparity between the philosophical way in which each views the PlayStation 3...
The much-touted Tekken vs. Street Fighter crossover has divided opinion in the gaming community. Some can't wait to get their hands on the game, while others have derided it as a poorly conceived cash-in. Just take a look at any forum thread devoted ...
Developed by Nintendo R&D1 alongside Kid Icarus, Metroid hit the Nintendo Entertainment System very early in the console's lifecycle, amidst the likes of other born-to-be classics such as Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda, and Mike's Tyson's Punch-Out...
With the help of leading experts in optical science and 3D technology, we examine the present and future of 3D video games, including how it works and what it ultimately means for gamers.
Halo: Reach has apparently been breached. The latest chapter in Microsoft's flagship franchise is prematurely in the wild. Bungie's Xbox 360 exclusive sci-fi shooter -- prequel to the venerable Xbox-original Halo: Combat Evolved and not due out until...
The AR.Drone from France-based Parrot is an exciting, fun-to-fly, four-rotor helicopter that can be piloted over Wi-Fi by an iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone. But flying indoors proves tricky and may frustrate inexperienced pilots. The helicopter goes on s...
"…If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche.
Justin Wong, Mike Ross, Martin "Marn" Phan and Ryan "Gootecks" Gutierrez are offering Super Street Fighter 4 lessons at $40 or $50 a pop via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. They've got some pretty comprehensive lesson plans here.
A friend once told me girl gamers are like unicorns: creatures that are mythical but nonetheless highly coveted by man. While I found it highly offensive to be compared to a glorified horse that doesn’t even exist, I was stumped for a comeback when h...
This year, Sony and Microsoft are set to release two new control schemes for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 -- the PlayStation Move and Kinect for Xbox 360, respectively.
The video games industry is about to receive its biggest technological shake-up since it switched from monochrome to colour.
Just about a year ago, we wrote that Starcraft 2 had been a long time coming and that we were looking forward to getting our hands on a copy. That time has arrived: we've spent the last few days feverishly playing the single player campaign and multi...
Last week, we paid tribute to the most [[artnid:355295|underrated games of this generation]] (i.e. stuff you should have bought, but didn’t). Now it's time for the evil twin version. If you missed out on some of the overlooked gems from our previous ...
The current generation of consoles has harvested a bumper crop of incredible games. From the cultural phenomenon of Grand Theft Auto IV to the cinematic luxury of the latest Metal Gear Solid, the number of high-profile releases has truly been stagger...
Popular British video game developer and publisher Eidos Interactive has just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So for you, our loyal readers and part-time Eidos combatants, we commemorate the 20-year milestone by taking you through the history o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
- Sea of Thieves is Rare's grog-drinking, accordion-playing, pirate silliness simulator
- Shadow Warrior 2 hands-on: Lo Wang gets even more wild with fast, furious 4-way action
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC