With its 130,000 available apps, built-in camera and GPS capabilities, the iPhone sits squarely at the center of convergence. There's little question that the iPhone has taken a bite out of sales of some standalone devices, notably navigation units a...
Games - Features
Last week, we saddled up our faithful steeds and headed deep into the heart of Sydney's lawless badlands.
You might call BioShock 2 'BioShock with the top down'. You'll discover this early in the game, when its lid, sides, and bottom suddenly disengage and you're thrust beyond the safety of purpose-made geometry. In BioShock, Rapture was a nightmare metr...
Real money trading (RMT) may not be something you read about in your high school economics class, but it's something every massively multiplayer online gamer encounters every day. If the buying and selling of virtual goods using real money isn't some...
In his first editorial for us, columnist Joe Rybicki explores the changing dynamics of the music game genre, and examines what needs to change in order to keep things viable in the years ahead.
This morning we spent some time with Apple's new iPad tablet device at the company's press conference and hands-on demonstration at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. Given the ballyhoo and speculation, there was virtually noth...
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Call Apple's tablet the iPad, because that's what Steve Jobs does, and hey, it can play games! Thank goodness, right? Apple's iPhone didn't for years, and even Apple probably realizes what an embarrassing mistake that was.
Recently, there’s been a lot of press about SEGA and EA’s disappointment with the sales of 'adult' Wii games, such as Mad World and Dead Space: Extraction. While games like Wii Sports Resort seem to sell by the truckload, many 'mature-themed' titles ...
Apple's chosen name for its new tablet device -- iPad -- is drawing sneers and jeers from the blogosphere, mostly from female pundits. Is this a Venus vs. Mars issue? Perhaps in the male mind, "iPad" conjures up images of a sleek, slate-like device. ...
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
Will the iPad really be a game changer? If history is any indication, it's a good bet the iPad will dramatically impact publishing much like the iPod and iTunes changed the game for music.
The most successful console of this generation has games for just about everyone, if you know what to look for.
It's a sad fact of life that everything in this world fades away eventually – including cool websites. Here at PC World, we've seen a lot of sites come and go over the years; from tiny independent gems to all-conquering juggernauts. Even seemingly un...
The DSi XL is just around the corner, and one of the main reasons to pick one up is the DSiWare shop which has -- slowly but steadily, picked up steam over the last year. There are some genuine blinders available for cheap download now -- but which a...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW