We went hands-on with Halo Wars 2 and its new RTS-lite Blitz mode. No base building, no setup. Just all-out warfare.
Games - News
MailOnX is the Xbox One's first email app, because nothing says gaming like productivity software.
Plus: Overwatch's Halloween event, EA teases another The Old Republic expansion, and Cuphead's delayed. This is gaming news for October 10 through 14.
Sony's PlayStation 4 controller will soon work with games that support it on Steam.
A second iteration of the Vive's controllers—this time, ones shaped like actual hands—might be coming sooner than you think.
Plus: An extended look at Torment: Tides of Numenera, Ubi confirms Beyond Good & Evil 2, and an Outlast 2 demo rustles corn on Steam.
Early reviewers found a nasty surprise hiding in the PC version of Mafia III: A 30 frames per second cap.
How Gears of War used Splunk's data analytics and artificially intelligent bots to pinpoint game crashes
Microsoft game designer The Coalition harvests data by running Gears of War through with AI bots, and uses custom Splunk dashboards to give designers and engineers actionable data about glitches and crashes.
After winning PCWorld's game of the year award in 2014 with Wasteland 2, InXile's hoping to bottle some crowdfunding magic yet again with Wasteland 3.
Plus: A behind the scenes look at Star Citizen's problem-ridden development and Sniper Elite 4 shows off slow-motion Nazi murderin'. This is gaming news for September 19 through 23.
Sure, your computer can run Crysis—but what about Forza Horizon 3's Australia? We'll see.
Microsoft has confirmed that the next-gen "Project Scorpio" Xbox will run games at native 4K resolution. But hitting that goal likely involves some compromises.
Valve has removed Digital Homicide's games from Steam after the developer sued users for nasty review comments.
Like Dead Rising earlier this week, BioShock Remastered is a reminder of the PC's darkest days—but in a bad way.
With Battlefield 1 just over the horizon, EA and DICE temporarily slash prices on its predecessor's maps. "Buy" it now, keep it forever.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTPre- Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD