Gamers will dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
Games - News
A psychologist at Grant MacEwan University in Canada sees video games as "practice" for controlling your dreams. Jayne Gackenbach presented her work for discussion at the Sixth Annual Games for Health Conference in Boston this week.
What do Thomas Dolby, Chick Corea, Ben Folds, Howard Jones, Herbie Hancock, Lady Gaga, Todd Rundgren, and you have in common? They all play (or will, if this rumorturns out to be true) a funky shoulder-strapped plastic black-and-white keyed hybrid ke...
Symantec says it has unearthed a server hosting the credentials of 44 million stolen gaming accounts -- and one of the most surprising aspects of it is that the accounts were being validated by a Trojan distributed to compromised computers.
What if you hadn't thrown away the old and clunky--but beloved--technology that littered your youth? Would your <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/173033/evolution_of_the_cell_phone.html">first cell phone</a>, computer, or early Pong system be w...
Google's celebration of the 30th anniversary of Pac-Man last week flooded Mozilla's Firefox support forum with complaints about siren sounds and offbeat music.
Were you one of the many people happily playing free Pac-Man on Google's doodle last Friday?
Namco's big yellow guy turns 30 today and Google celebrates by turning their logo into a playable game of Pac-Man for the day. This "doodle" (the official name for Google's holiday makeovers) has 255 levels plus a 256th-level kill screen, just like t...
Sonic's return to 2D on consoles is coming along a bit slower than expected. Sega delivered the news today on the company's official blog, stating that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will be coming out "in late 2010," as opposed to the summer released promised...
Australian Xbox 360 owners will be able to receive Foxtel television via Xbox Live thanks to new service unveiled today.
While D3 Publishing is currently working on bringing the next chapter of the Puzzle Quest franchise to the Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS, Namco Networks will deliver the game to PCs as well as Apple's portable iPhone and iPad platforms.
As part of its release day announcement, Microsoft has provided the initial details of Alan Wake's first round of downloadable content. The first new DLC will be called "The Signal," and it will serve as an additional episode in the game's story. Whi...
Worldwide mobile game sales are forecast to pass USD$5.6 billion in 2010, according to research firm Gartner, which would represent a 19 per cent increase from 2009 revenue figures of $4.7 billion.
Today, Gizmodo posted an image from an FCC filing submitted by Nintendo that appears to be an early prototype circuit board of the upcoming Nintendo 3DS handheld. While the design of the board will certainly change during development, there are a few...
From 1am on Thursday, Australian PlayStation 3 owners will be able to rent or buy 600 movies using the PlayStation Network. The video-on-demand service was unveiled today by Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Free Titanfall 2 weekend, Star Wars Battlefront meets Rogue One
- Every new game revealed at The Game Awards 2016, from Guardians of the Galaxy to Zelda
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
- Hearthstone fans now have a dedicated Skype chat room to challenge its best players
- You'll be able to stream Xbox One games on the Oculus Rift in December
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC