Virtual reality is finally real, but which VR headset is the best for you? We compare the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
PlayStation 4 Remote Play heads to laptops, with more features than the Xbox version.
Quantum Break's PC port isn't perfect thanks to the Windows Store's inherent issues, but it runs (mostly) fine.
Windows 10 (64-bit) is now the most popular way to play Steam games, thanks to “Recommended” upgrades and DirectX 12
Dark Souls III committing to new consoles for this go-round makes it easily the best-looking game in the series.
The promise of porting Windows 10 apps to Xbox already has a few takers including Hulu and Nickelodeon.
Let this be a warning: Any Quantum Break reviews at the moment were conducted on the Xbox. The Windows Store-exclusive PC version is yet to be tested.
The Federal Court has found that video game reseller, Valve Corporation, through its online game distribution platform, Steam, and its Steam website, has engaged in misleading or deceptive conduct and made false or misleading representations.
The Oculus Rift arrives as a locked-down platform, but you can easily open it back up if you want to play SteamVR games or VR apps from unknown sources—provided you can click a button in the settings menu.
Killer Instinct hits Windows 10 with cross-platform purchases, saves, and multiplayer.
The developer of Young Conker and Fragments, two of the first HoloLens games, describes what gaming will be like with the augmented-reality peripheral—including the caveats.
PC support for PlayStation VR is a “possibility” given the two platforms’ shared components, a Sony exec says.
Plus: Blizzard releases the first supplementary short film for Overwatch, Verdun adds American Doughboys, and Walking Dead Season Three is teased. This is gaming news for March 21-25.
US company Mannatech may have rocked the gaming world with quasi-scientific claims that its products “may have a positive, direct effect on player performance, which can be a big advantage for competitive e-sports players or those just trying to take...
The Australian appetite for gaming has pushed local sales to almost $3 billion in 2015.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Epic CEO: How Microsoft is plotting to cripple Steam and seize control of PC gaming
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- 8 insider tips to help you become a Pokémon master
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD