Microsoft calls it "Project Natal." It's a new piece of technology that uses depth-sensing cameras, microphones, and specialized software to enable voice and facial recognition, full body motion sensing, and the ability to play just about any game wi...
Ever since Dell bought a stake in Alienware, people have been wondering: What becomes of Dell's gaming-friendly XPS line? As of today, it goes away. Or at least it stops trying to cater to gaming enthusiasts. Henceforth, Dell-owned Alienware is the o...
EA's The Sims 3 doesn't ship until early next week, but it's already outpaced Spore in illegal downloads, reports Bloomberg. According to file-share monitor BigChampagne LLC, The Sims 3 was downloaded at least 180,000 times in just four days, between...
Microsoft's Xbox 360 is suiting up to become an all-encompassing entertainment center. British broadcaster Sky has announced a deal between Sky and Microsoft that will bring live television programs such as sports, TV shows and movies to UK and Irish...
It's not the PSP phone, but it's close. Sony Ericsson yesterday unveiled three new mobile phones including Aino, a cell phone that can sync with both your PlayStation 3 and PC. Aino also features an 8.1-megapixel camera with geotagging capability; 3G...
The sequel to 2K Boston's 2007 smash hit BioShock has received an official release date of November 3, 2009 for North America. Yet, in a surprising twist on the usual way games from the U.S. are released, it looks like Europeans will be getting the g...
In an interview with VG247, video game designer David Jaffe says that he will not be showing off his new game at E3 2009. Jaffe, who will be attending the event, admits that he'd "love to announce" his top secret new game at E3 2009, but he's not qui...
Today, Rockstar announced the second expansion for GTA IV, subtitled "The Ballad of Gay Tony" and it promises to be "something that is both epic and very innovative" to the GTA IV world.
We've long heard how teflon-coated video games are despite the bum economy, but what if I told you PC gaming in particular's been the most resilient of all? That's what Jon Peddie Research just concluded in its market forecast for PC gaming hardware,...
Recently, Epic Games founder Tim Sweeney, the computer game programmer behind ZZT and the Unreal Engine, was asked in an interview by Gamasutra how long away we are before "real-time computer graphics are 100% realistic like in a movie?" Sweeney resp...
A Chinese man who extorted virtual items and currency from a fellow Internet cafe user to improve his performance in online games was sentenced over the weekend, local media said.
File this one under saw-that-one-coming-last-century: Movie mogul Steven Spielberg says the future of gaming is -- wait for it -- virtual. As in "virtual reality," the two words most likely to induce oohs and aahs in late twentieth-century sci-fi fil...
I thought the revelation that video gamers outnumbered cinema goers was old news, but maybe only partly so. According to a new NPD Group report, 53 percent of U.S. consumers have been to the movies in the last six months, but 63 percent — that'...
Like Raymond, everybody loves ICO -- or at least the handful of intrepid souls who gave it a go back in September 2001 sure did. It's that PlayStation 2 action-puzzler you probably didn't, but really should have, a pensive boy-meets-girl fairy tale t...
German gaming peripheral manufacturer ROCCAT has released details of its latest product, the VIRE gaming headset. Aimed at professional gamers, the ROCCAT VIRE combines a set of ear-bud style earphones with an in-line microphone to deliver what the c...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- EVE Valkyrie's new Carrier Assault mode will fulfill your Millennium Falcon dreams
- Doom co-creator John Romero teases new PC shooter
- Microsoft kills off its Xbox 360 gaming console, but Xbox 360 games will live on thanks to Xbox One
- Microsoft adds Android Wear support to Outlook for Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW