EB Games Australia's annual expo is in Sydney's Olympic Park from October 3 to 5. The three-day event (which is scheduled to coincide with the school holidays) hosts game developers and publishers, alongside manufacturers, each claiming their stake across the giant Dome; there's consoles, PCs, accessories, toys, collectibles, cosplay, DJs, robot wars, and of course, a wide array of big titles, and hands-on preview sessions of yet-to-be-launched games for those willing to brave the lines.
We take a closer look at the Sony PlayStation 4 and its new DualShock 4 controller, just hours away from its official Australian debut.
A new generation of console gaming and home entertainment kicks off with the Xbox One launch party, hosted in Sydney's Luna Park as the city lights up.
We picked up our Xbox One review model this morning, and started with a very summery unboxing. Check out - let's be realistic here - the last time this brand-new console will ever see natural light.
A good mouse is critical to any hardcore PC gamer. Logitech has a good track record in the area, and when we first laid eyes on the G602 in a recent press release we couldn't wait to test it out. We'll have a review for you later this week. For now, here's a quick hands-on.
The Electronic Entertainment Expo is an industry event, which means you can't get in if you don't work in the game industry (or cover it as press).
Rockstar Games has released additional screenshots to its highly anticipated open world game, Grand Theft Auto V.
EA used the end of 2012 as an opportunity to host its first ever Asia Showcase.
Australia's largest video game exbition, EB Expo, was recently held at Sydney's Olympic Park
We take a first look at Fitbit's new Zip wireless activity tracker.
Steam has just released its Big Picture beta — it's a different interface for the popular game download service, designed to suit anyone using their gaming PC with a big-screen plasma or LCD TV.
In anticipation of its biggest game release for the year, THQ held a stunt themed media event at Sun Studios in Alexandria, Sydney.
The first half of the year is a great time to be a gamer. This is the time for big-budget, blockbuster games that publishers pushed beyond the holidays to avoid colliding with other major titles (such as Call of Duty), as well as for cool independently developed titles that fill the gaps in a slow release calendar. Here are the best games of 2012--so far.
From space to Rio, the Angry Birds game seems to be out to conquer the world
We look at what we predicted to be six of 2011's biggest potential gaming disappointments and whether our predictions came true or not
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- AT&T to pay $23.8 million to settle California dumping complaint
- SAP talks up Hana but small companies slow to sign on
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW