For a character that has been variously described as a 'dork', 'nerd' and 'loser', Larry Laffer sure does seem to get a lot of action from the ladeez. The balding slacker’s smutty exploits in the pursuit of lust and lurve have landed him in all manner of sticky situations.
The popular Tekken arcade fighting series has finally returned with Namco Bandai's Tekken 6. Boasting a total of 42 characters — the most seen so far — Tekken 6 introduces new features to revitalise the ageing genre, including the ability to use items as weapons. Character customisation has been rolled over from the game's predecessor, Tekken 5, allowing you to alter your character with various items and costumes. The game is headed to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later this year.
The fate of the new Chronicles of Riddick game has never been entirely stable but it looks like its release is almost upon us. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena follows on from the events in Escape from Butcher Bay, putting you in the shoes of Riddick once again as he escapes from prison. The new game will include a remade version of its predecessor with improved graphics when it is released, allowing you to play both games back to back. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is scheduled for release next month on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Ready for a bloody good time? We dissect some of the goriest video games ever made.
Racing simulation franchise shifts into gear.
Alan Moore’s magnum opus gets the movie tie-in treatment — in new-fangled digital download form.
Capcom opens the icy crevasse for exploration once again.
Video game boxes have never enjoyed a particularly prestigious reputation. That’s because most of them suck.
Sequel to the popular console video game continues the zombpocalypse.
Though hinted at as far back as 2005, Rockstar only recently formally announced its latest video game, Red Dead Redemption.
Codemasters has released the first batch of screenshots to promote the upcoming rally driving video game DiRT 2. The game is no longer being marketed with the Colin McRae name attached, though the company has stated that the famous driver, who passed away shortly before the release of the original DiRT, will appear in the game.
It looks like the superhero's latest adventure is his toughest yet.
Last month we cast our critical eye on the most underrated games of 2008 (i.e. the stuff you should have bought last year, but didn’t). Now, in accordance to classic (read: hackneyed) tradition we present the most overrated games of 2008.
We take a look at some of the hottest games heading for shop shelves this year.
Sony's community-based service for the PlayStation 3
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia outs GeForce GTX 960M and GeForce GTX 950M GPUs for thin gaming laptops
- New hardware spurs strong growth for video games sales in Australia
- Geomerics' Enlighten 3 engine aims to create photorealistic in-game lighting
- Nvidia slapped with lawsuit over 'misleading' GPU claims
- Windows 10 powers up PC gaming with DirectX 12, native DVR, deep Xbox integration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW