On the weekend, we headed down to Sydney for the 8th Animania Festival 2010; Australia's largest Japanese pop culture event.
Last night, the Australian gaming press were treated to a lavish PlayStation Move party at Waterloo, Sydney. Games at the event included Time Crisis: Raising Storm, Kung-Fu Rider, Sports Champions and the RTS game R.U.S.E. Some non-Move PS3 games also made an appearance, including Gran Turismo 5 in 3D.
The IT giant demonstrated some of its the upcoming products.
"…If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche.
Last week, we paid tribute to the most [[artnid:355295|underrated games of this generation]] (i.e. stuff you should have bought, but didn’t). Now it's time for the evil twin version. If you missed out on some of the overlooked gems from our previous article, it was probably because of these games. While none of them are explicitly bad, they were all relentlessly over-hyped by games journalists and fanboys alike (seriously, even real life isn't worth 100%, so why award it to a game?).
The current generation of consoles has harvested a bumper crop of incredible games. From the cultural phenomenon of Grand Theft Auto IV to the cinematic luxury of the latest Metal Gear Solid, the number of high-profile releases has truly been staggering. It's therefore unsurprising that many worthy games have slipped through the cracks.
Popular British video game developer and publisher Eidos Interactive has just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So for you, our loyal readers and part-time Eidos combatants, we commemorate the 20-year milestone by taking you through the history of Eidos Interactive via some of its greatest highs and lows.
As you've no doubt heard by now, brawling maestros Capcom and Namco are teaming up with two new fighting titles: Street Fighter vs. Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter. If you're anything like us, you've probably dreamed up an assortment of fan-pleasing face-offs.
Bad cosplay is like watching a bug eat another bug’s face off – no matter how much it disgusts you, you can't bring yourself look away.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days continues the gritty adventures of Adam 'Kane' Marcus and James Seth Lynch; two hardened criminals looking to make one final big score.
One of the biggest announcements of E3 2010 was the triumphant return of the critically acclaimed Golden Eye 007 for Nintendo Wii.
I ventured to the US to fulfil my lifelong dream as a gamer.
What would E3 be without a bit of eye candy?
We saw an innumerable amount of video games at E3 2010, which either blew our minds (Portal 2!) or induced involuntary yawning (anyone for Battle Chess?). Among the variety of games showcased, we couldn’t help but notice some of them might be greeted with a big fat ‘banned’ label when trying to enter Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Divinity: Original Sin II preview: Choose your own reactive, gloriously chaotic adventure
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole preview: With great farts come great responsibility
- Konami's Metal Gear Survive is a co-op zombie survival game
- Microsoft wants all your devices to run on Xbox One’s proprietary wireless signal
- Warning: No Man’s Sky's PC port is broken and buggy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA