If you're a die-hard Modern Warfare fan, you've probably seen 'Frozen Crossing' by now -- the MW2-inspired live-action short that was made for just $210. (Pretty impressive, eh?) In honour of Corridor Digital's sterling work, we've assembled a slideshow of the most cinematic and creative shots in the movie: something that a quick viewing on YouTube fails to convey.
Games - Slideshows
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
We all lap up celebrity scandals blissfully, exhilarated by the unfortunate plights of the rich and famous (Lara Bingle, we're looking at you). But watching a scandal unfold in the gaming world is akin to watching puppies being drowned. It’s no fun at all.
Last weekend, Australia's first gaming bar, Mana Bar, opened its doors to a gaggle of gamers, cosplayers and gawkers.
Like most multiplayer action/RPGs, Mytheon is filled to the gills with all manner of slavering beasties and mythological warriors looking for some smack-down. Drawing from ancient Greek mythology as well as its own unique brand of folklore, the game will provide a menagerie of monsters, demons and demi-gods with which to test your mettle. Here is a small selection of the foes that shall cross your path...
Come pay your respects, ladies and gents: it's the <b>Xbox 360 RROD coffin</b>! Created by Aussie designer Alexis Vanamois, the Xbox 360 ROD coffin does exactly what it says on the tin. It's the ultimate final resting place for 'bricked' Xbox 360 consoles; it even has a cavity for your controller!<br><br> Alexis was kind enough to send us through the first-ever prototype, which we duly photographed for this slideshow. (Don't worry kids; the Xbox 360 in the pictures is only 'playing' dead).
It’s no secret that villains have all the fun. They get the best lines, wear the coolest outfits and are usually one step ahead of the hero. They also get to kidnap princesses, blow up planets and cackle maniacally while spinning in swivel chairs. By contrast, most heroes are bit... well, lame.
Poor Namco Bandai. Not only are they releasing a fantasy-themed hack ‘n’ slash game at the same time as God of War III, but it <i>also</i> stars personality-vacuum Sam Worthington. We doubt Kratos is breaking much of a sweat over the impending showdown.
From arcade classics like Space Invaders to first-person shooters like Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies, we take a look at nine of the greatest shooters available on the iPhone today.
With the 2010 Winter Olympics about to begin in Vancouver, the eyes of the world will be on the athletes as they go for the gold. Most of the rest of us will be watching from our living rooms.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Sometimes, we truly question our readers' ability to comprehend the English language. When we presented our 'most overrated games of 2009' feature last month, we explicitly stated that "none of these games are bad: they're just overhyped." …And yet, within minutes of hitting the blogosphere, our article was torn to shreds by irate gamers demanding our resignation for calling Uncharted 2 a bad game. Sigh.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
The most successful console of this generation has games for just about everyone, if you know what to look for.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
- Hearthstone fans now have a dedicated Skype chat room to challenge its best players
- You'll be able to stream Xbox One games on the Oculus Rift in December
- Doom running on the MacBook Pro's Touch Bar is the latest hilarious 'Doom on dumb stuff' hack
- Massive Civilization VI update adds DirectX 12, new multiplayer mode and maps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC