Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
GPS & Car Tech
Lamborghini will release a 4WD after receiving financial backing from investors and the Italian government.
Subaru's Liberty is the beneficiary of a steep price drop following the Japanese Free Trade Agreement. The range-topping 3.6R has dropped down by 25 per cent to $41,990, though the introductory 2.5i starts from $29,990.
No diesel or hybrid engines come with the Scirocco R. This is a car focussed on performance and it makes no apology for wanting to show people a good time. Two versions are on sale in Australia, with a 6-speed manual starting from $51,236 and a DSG alternative priced from $53,863.
Move over, Tegra K1, you're already obsolete. At a Sunday night press conference, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang launched a new mobile superchip, the Tegra X1. If Nvidia has its way, the X1 will be the graphics and artificial intelligence engine for the car of tomorrow.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Audi’s answer to finite fossil fuels is a hybrid petrol-electric engine capable of stellar milege. Australians will have the opportunity to own the innovative technology in March with the launch of the Audi A3 e-tron.
Top speed and volume restrictions can be placed on select 2015 Fords, including the Mustang, with the rolling out of the company’s supervisory MyKey technology.
Navman’s latest in-car GPS, MiVue Drive, also doubles as a digital drive recorder.
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Commotion surrounds a new Chinese manufacturer called OnePlus and its first smartphone, the One. The promise of top-tier hardware for bottom dollar has the internet ablaze, and big guns Samsung, Apple and HTC paying attention.
Garmin is set to launch a touchscreen GPS golf watch which intends to improve golfers’ swing consistency and synchronisation with the help of a set of metrics and training tools.
The Cyclo 505 is a GPS unit designed specifically for cyclists. Its 3in screen feeds glanceable track information/performance stats to cyclists when at speed, and then uploads them to Magellan’s cloud for easy review over a computer.
Dedicated GPS brands have been facing stiff competition from GPS-enabled smartphones. In a case of “if you can’t beat them, join them”, Navman has launched its Smart Eco cloud service, which makes use of smartphones and tablets as companion devices. The company also launched a 5in connected SmartGPS that is based on the Android operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nokia-branded Android phones will return to the market
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia