While it won’t affect everyone, a serious bug reared its head at the weekend with me. When you drive into a tunnel and then hit a traffic jam, Apple Maps keeps going at the same speed. While this is something I’ve actually wanted for tunnel navigatio...
GPS & Car Tech - Features
In iOS 10, Apple's Maps app does more, from making restaurant reservations to remembering where you left your car.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according...
Subaru's Liberty is the beneficiary of a steep price drop following the Japanese Free Trade Agreement. The range-topping 3.6R has dropped down by 25 per cent to $41,990, though the introductory 2.5i starts from $29,990.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Holden is banking on a host of technology in its new VF Commodore to win over new car buyers. The top of the range model is the Calais V, and we've just taken one for a spin.
While self-driving cars may be safe and efficient, they certainly won't be economical in terms of data storage, according to one big data strategist.
Ford's new Kuga SUV has a number of cool technology features, including a hands-free tailgate. We take a closer look at what you can expect as Ford banks on a host of technology to win over new car buyers.
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
Microsoft has set its sights on Google Maps, adding more than 165 terabytes of new satellite imagery to Bing Maps. This is the biggest ever data release for Bing Maps, which had 129TB of data at its disposal.
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in n...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW