An 11-year-old boy is dead, and too much dependence on GPS may be partly to blame.
GPS & Car Tech
Pick up some great gear for bargain prices
With the founding of ESRI 40 years ago, Jack Dangermond pioneered the business of geographic information systems (GIS). He shares his perspective on how the Web has democratized access to geographic information, and how mashups between GIS and tradit...
Navman Australia last week announced the launch of a new range of portable GPS navigation units, the MY series. Set to hit Australian shelves this month, Navman claims the new MY series provide "rich information" to consumers.
Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 is the first full turn-by-turn navigation app for the iPhone.
iPhone owners have been waiting a long time for fully fledged GPS and thankfully, full turn-by-turn navigation has just arrived.
Welcome to the era of SoMo.
The iPhone 3G S has better battery life, power and speed compared to the 3G, and provides hardware-based features that enhance existing apps and functions on the phone. If all that matters to you, then upgrading is worth it, but if you're more of a c...
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nokia smartphone, an HP netbook for under $500 and a 200Hz 40in Sony Bravia LCD television for less than $2900!
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
The sale of location information from mobile operators to service providers could result in privacy issues, and needs to be investigated, two Swedish regulators said on Tuesday.
Location-based services that remind you about to-dos when you're on the go are exactly what busy mobile professionals need. A new service, ReQall Pro (US$3/monthly or $25/yearly), gives you reminders that are tied to specific locations. Unfortunately...
After a U.S. government watchdog agency warned that the U.S. Global Positioning System might fail, potential customers may wonder whether buying a GPS device is still a good idea. In a word: Yes.
Ah, trip planning. If you'd like to set your itinerary of points of interest, landmarks, and destinations on your PC rather than struggling with a GPS's touchscreen, then EasyGPS is a nice, free solution. It works with numerous models of Eagle, Garmi...
Mother's Day is rapidly approaching. If you think your mum needs a new mobile phone, then check out our handy guide to some of the best handsets for every kind of mother.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW