With the founding of ESRI 40 years ago, Jack Dangermond pioneered the business of geographic information systems (GIS). He shares his perspective on how the Web has democratized access to geographic information, and how mashups between GIS and tradit...
GPS & Car Tech
Navman Australia last week announced the launch of a new range of portable GPS navigation units, the MY series. Set to hit Australian shelves this month, Navman claims the new MY series provide "rich information" to consumers.
Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 is the first full turn-by-turn navigation app for the iPhone.
iPhone owners have been waiting a long time for fully fledged GPS and thankfully, full turn-by-turn navigation has just arrived.
Welcome to the era of SoMo.
The iPhone 3G S has better battery life, power and speed compared to the 3G, and provides hardware-based features that enhance existing apps and functions on the phone. If all that matters to you, then upgrading is worth it, but if you're more of a c...
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nokia smartphone, an HP netbook for under $500 and a 200Hz 40in Sony Bravia LCD television for less than $2900!
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
The sale of location information from mobile operators to service providers could result in privacy issues, and needs to be investigated, two Swedish regulators said on Tuesday.
Location-based services that remind you about to-dos when you're on the go are exactly what busy mobile professionals need. A new service, ReQall Pro (US$3/monthly or $25/yearly), gives you reminders that are tied to specific locations. Unfortunately...
After a U.S. government watchdog agency warned that the U.S. Global Positioning System might fail, potential customers may wonder whether buying a GPS device is still a good idea. In a word: Yes.
Ah, trip planning. If you'd like to set your itinerary of points of interest, landmarks, and destinations on your PC rather than struggling with a GPS's touchscreen, then EasyGPS is a nice, free solution. It works with numerous models of Eagle, Garmi...
Mother's Day is rapidly approaching. If you think your mum needs a new mobile phone, then check out our handy guide to some of the best handsets for every kind of mother.
I went on vacation recently, and during that time I realized how dependent I have become on GPS applications to find what I am looking for. GPS devices maximise my vacation time by letting me drive less, since by using them, I never get lost. And dri...
Google's location-tracking service, [[xref:http://www.google.com/latitude|Latitude|Google Latitude]], uses the GPS hardware found in smart phones (such as Google Android phones and BlackBerry and Windows Mobile handsets) to pinpoint your position on ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
- Navman adds digital video recording to MiVue Drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC