Nokia has announced it will supply traffic information and geocoding algorithms to Microsoft's Bing Maps, allowing users to learn about incidents that might disrupt their journeys and find better travel routes.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Google is now allowed under U.S. export control rules to offer downloads in Syria of its mapping software Google Earth, photo sharing software Picasa, and its Chrome browser, it said Wednesday.
That Apple is working on a substantial update to its Maps app seems a foregone conclusion at this point. But aside from the occasional vague rumor, any features that might be contained in such an update have remained shrouded in shadow.
If you're looking to get in shape, you could simply lace up those sneakers and hit the road for a quick jog. But, if you want to get more out of your workouts, you could put a little planning in first. That's where WalkJogRun can help: This cloud-bas...
Driving may be the most hazardous thing we do every day. Combine the activity's inherent dangerousness with error-prone human drivers who are increasingly distracted by things like smartphones, and it's no surprise that the crash statistics keep goin...
Could Apple be about to ditch Google maps in the next iOS update? A supposedly leaked image of a map claimed to be from iOS 6 has appeared. The image is from the Watercolor tiles for OpenStreetMap.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
TomTom has finally unveiled its HD Traffic service in Australia, promising timely and fresh traffic updates that aim to ease congestion on Australian roads.
Apple laptop and desktop computers, digital cameras and TVs are just a few of the products attracting significant savings at a three-hour-long JB Hi-Fi 'Friends and Family' sale being held at the retailer's stores tonight.
If you can't beat 'em, acquire 'em. Garmin, maker of personal navigation devices, has snapped up its Germany-based competitor Navigon. The companies won't say how much money is changing hands in the deal, which was completed through a Garmin subsidia...
Underpromise and overdeliver—always a good strategy. Apple said it would take a few weeks to issue an iOS update to fix a handful of bugs related to the storage of location data, but it's taken just seven days between that announcement and the appear...
A recently published Apple patent application indicates the company may have plans to collect iPhone user location history but it's not clear if the patent application is related to the recent discovery that iPhones and iPads store historical locatio...
Garmin has launched the world's first touchscreen GPS watch designed for running, the Forerunner 610.
Global Positioning System technology, more commonly known as GPS, has changed our many people's daily lives forever.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW