Google says it is in talks with the Chinese government about its online map product, which could be penalized in China due to new state laws.
GPS & Car Tech
Google has yet to apply for the necessary state license to operate its online mapping service in China, putting another Google product in jeopardy as the first deadline looms.
Google won a civil lawsuit in Germany lodged by a woman who contended its roving camera cars that shoot photographs for Street View violated her privacy.
Google must pay a fine of €100,000 ($US142,000) for the unauthorized collection of information about the location of Wi-Fi hotspots in France by its Street View cars, France's National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL) has ordered.
Nokia-owned Navteq has launched Destination Maps, which will add more detail to indoor maps, starting with large shopping centers, the company said on Monday.
LightSquared has begun planning for GPS interference tests that will determine whether it can roll out a combination satellite-LTE mobile data network and issued the first of several required monthly reports on the process.
Navigon has released a new application for Android smartphones that allows users to easily locate nearby parking stations.
Could you live without your satellite navigation system?
Students with a tendency towards truancy in California's Anaheim Union High School District are being assigned GPS units to make sure they're going to school on time, according to The Orange County Register.
Navman has launched a rear reversing camera that hooks up to its top of the line MY75 sat nav.
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking ...
For many drivers, the cockpit of their car is a sanctum sanctorum, a place where privacy is sacrosanct. That's becoming less so, however, as high-tech gadgets are introduced to find out what you're doing behind the wheel.
Apple may be looking to release its own mapping and navigation software with future products, according to a few new job listings on its website.
Google has updated its Maps for Android application, giving it more GPS navigation features than mobile offerings from Apple and Microsoft.
As Google Maps for Android becomes more powerful, buying a standalone GPS device becomes harder to justify.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW