Google says it is in talks with the Chinese government about its online map product, which could be penalized in China due to new state laws.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Google has yet to apply for the necessary state license to operate its online mapping service in China, putting another Google product in jeopardy as the first deadline looms.
Google won a civil lawsuit in Germany lodged by a woman who contended its roving camera cars that shoot photographs for Street View violated her privacy.
Google must pay a fine of €100,000 ($US142,000) for the unauthorized collection of information about the location of Wi-Fi hotspots in France by its Street View cars, France's National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL) has ordered.
Nokia-owned Navteq has launched Destination Maps, which will add more detail to indoor maps, starting with large shopping centers, the company said on Monday.
LightSquared has begun planning for GPS interference tests that will determine whether it can roll out a combination satellite-LTE mobile data network and issued the first of several required monthly reports on the process.
Navigon has released a new application for Android smartphones that allows users to easily locate nearby parking stations.
Could you live without your satellite navigation system?
Students with a tendency towards truancy in California's Anaheim Union High School District are being assigned GPS units to make sure they're going to school on time, according to The Orange County Register.
Navman has launched a rear reversing camera that hooks up to its top of the line MY75 sat nav.
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking ...
For many drivers, the cockpit of their car is a sanctum sanctorum, a place where privacy is sacrosanct. That's becoming less so, however, as high-tech gadgets are introduced to find out what you're doing behind the wheel.
Apple may be looking to release its own mapping and navigation software with future products, according to a few new job listings on its website.
Google has updated its Maps for Android application, giving it more GPS navigation features than mobile offerings from Apple and Microsoft.
As Google Maps for Android becomes more powerful, buying a standalone GPS device becomes harder to justify.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC