Navigon has released a new application for Android smartphones that allows users to easily locate nearby parking stations.
GPS & Car Tech
Could you live without your satellite navigation system?
Students with a tendency towards truancy in California's Anaheim Union High School District are being assigned GPS units to make sure they're going to school on time, according to The Orange County Register.
Navman has launched a rear reversing camera that hooks up to its top of the line MY75 sat nav.
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking ...
For many drivers, the cockpit of their car is a sanctum sanctorum, a place where privacy is sacrosanct. That's becoming less so, however, as high-tech gadgets are introduced to find out what you're doing behind the wheel.
Apple may be looking to release its own mapping and navigation software with future products, according to a few new job listings on its website.
Google has updated its Maps for Android application, giving it more GPS navigation features than mobile offerings from Apple and Microsoft.
As Google Maps for Android becomes more powerful, buying a standalone GPS device becomes harder to justify.
As part of an initiative to leverage the OpenStreetMap project for its own Bing Maps, Microsoft has hired OSM founder Steve Coast, the company announced Tuesday.
Honda Australia announced today that its new Insight VTi-L hybrid car will come with live traffic updates thanks to a partnership with Intelematics Australia.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
The latest version of Google Maps on Android comes with Hotspot, a new "local recommendation engine" that will help users discover places based on ratings from themselves and their friends, Google said in a blog post.
Facebook is stepping up its mobile game with the launch of location-based services that both ease the pain of the mobile log-in process and allow your neighborhood store to shoot you coupons directly to your phone as you walk by.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab, a 7in Android tablet that will compete with Apple's iPad, will launch in Australia next week and will come preloaded with full turn-by-turn navigation capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
- Navman adds digital video recording to MiVue Drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT