As part of an initiative to leverage the OpenStreetMap project for its own Bing Maps, Microsoft has hired OSM founder Steve Coast, the company announced Tuesday.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Honda Australia announced today that its new Insight VTi-L hybrid car will come with live traffic updates thanks to a partnership with Intelematics Australia.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
The latest version of Google Maps on Android comes with Hotspot, a new "local recommendation engine" that will help users discover places based on ratings from themselves and their friends, Google said in a blog post.
Facebook is stepping up its mobile game with the launch of location-based services that both ease the pain of the mobile log-in process and allow your neighborhood store to shoot you coupons directly to your phone as you walk by.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab, a 7in Android tablet that will compete with Apple's iPad, will launch in Australia next week and will come preloaded with full turn-by-turn navigation capabilities.
Only 30 million people have used Facebook Places, one report finds. If that sounds impressive, consider that it represents just six per cent of Facebook users. And that's not the number who use it. That's the number who have tried it.
In theory at least, as cars are outfitted with more advanced electronics, safer vehicles should be at least one of the main results.
Laser today unveiled a new GPS device: the Laser Navig8r P Series P50 Pro. The 5in Navig8r P50 Pro includes Navteq maps of Australia and New Zealand, 3D landmark and "virtual junction" views.
Ford is releasing a software development kit to more companies, inviting them to build applications for its Sync in-car voice-activated computer.
Pioneer is developing a head-up display for cars that links in with the navigation function available on many modern smartphones. A prototype of the device is on show this week at Japan's Ceatec electronics show, and the company said it hopes to have...
TomTom has followed the lead its main rival Garmin by offering capacitive touchscreens and multitouch technology on its latest range of high-end portable sat navs.
Google sure does capture a ton of interesting stuff when it sends Street View cars around the world. Sometimes its 360-degree cameras pick up a disturbing image or two.
Facebook has launched its 'Places' feature in the Australian market, delivering location functionality to Australian users in a similar manner as existing players Foursquare and Gowalla.
Social networkers who use location-based services such as Facebook Places should expect to see their home insurance premiums rise, says Confused.com.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD