Described by Garmin as Australia's "first online GPS," the nuvi 1690 includes an integrated wireless module that allows access to real-time, online information including Google search, traffic, weather and fuel prices. This feature-packed GPS also bo...
GPS & Car Tech
Nokia shook up the GPS market in January by announcing that full turn-by-turn navigation on its Ovi Maps software is now available as a free service. Compatible with 10 current Nokia phones (with more to follow) and all future handsets, Nokia Ovi Map...
TomTom's GO 950 is the company's current premium GPS device. It's a svelte unit that has the features appropriate to its premium price tag. Boasting maps of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and 49 European countries, the TomTom GO 950 GPS unit is ...
Take Garmin's excellent 1390T GPS unit, add a large, 5in display and you end up with the nuvi 1490T — a bigger version of Garmin's former flagship nuvi device. Featuring live traffic capabilities, excellent lane guidance and a simple but highly...
A larger screened version of the [[artnid:317893|nuvi 1350|Review: Garmin nuvi 1350 GPS unit]], Garmin’s nuvi 1450T GPS unit has a 5in display — the largest in its class. Operating almost identically to the rest of the Garmin’s nuvi range, the ...
The Navigon 1400 is an entry-level GPS unit with a handy pedestrian mode. It's one of the smallest and lightest GPS units we've reviewed and it offers excellent value for money.
Navigon's latest top-of-the-line GPS unit -- the Navigon 6300 -- is a sleek and stylish piece of hardware that packs in a wealth of features, including voice recognition. Though the Navigon 6300's interface and map display lack the visual appeal of a...
Bigger isn’t always better, but that hasn't stopped TomTom from releasing an extra-large version of the XL 340 GPS unit. The TomTom XXL 540 has a massive 5in screen, as well as IQ Routes technology, advanced lane guidance and the company's EasyPort m...
The nuvi 1250 is Garmin's cheapest in-car GPS unit. It's very similar to the nuvi 1260, but lacks Bluetooth hands-free capabilities. Provided you can live with the small display and the lack of lane guidance, the nuvi 1250 provides an excellent navi...
Touted by TomTom as the first GPS unit with voice control, the GO 750 also offers a slightly revamped interface and improved Bluetooth hands-free performance. However, traffic updates are a notable omission.
The wild popularity of the iPhone shows no sign of lessening, nor is the vast array of turn-by-turn GPS navigation applications available in the iPhone App Store likely to decrease. TomTom is the first to come to market with a car kit mounting soluti...
Retailing at just $199, TomTom's latest Start GPS unit is the Dutch giant's cheapest portable navigation unit released in Australia. Designed for first-time GPS users, the TomTom Start has spoken street names, an EasyPort mount system, IQ Routes tech...
A similar GPS unit to the Navig8r G43 but possessing a smaller screen, the Laser Navig8r G35 performs almost identically to the larger model. At $169 it’s the cheapest GPS unit on the market, but the design is underwhelming and the speaker and screen...
It looks ugly, its screen is hard to see in direct sunlight and the sound quality is poor, but Laser’s Navig8r G43 GPS unit isn’t all bad news. Retailing for just $229 it offers free map updates, an Australian text-to-speech voice and speed limit war...
The fifth Australian turn-by-turn GPS application to be available from Apple's App Store, NDrive Australia aims to please iPhone users with detailed maps and a straightforward user interface. Unfortunately, its lack of features and a sub-par interfac...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
- Navman adds digital video recording to MiVue Drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW