ALK is renowned for its turn-by-turn GPS applications on PDAs and Windows Mobile smartphones, and now the company's CoPilot Live 8 GPS application has finally arrived on the iPhone.
GPS & Car Tech
Described by Samsung as the "world's first 12.1 megapixel camera phone," the Pixon 12 mobile phone was actually beaten in Australia by the launch of the Sony Ericsson Satio.
Navman's C40 GPS unit is an entry-level model targeted at users on a strict budget. It's based on the older Navman S35 but has updated maps and a different coloured case. The Navman C40 represents decent value but overzealous school zones alerts and ...
Sony Ericsson's Yari looks much like another run of the mill, mid-range slider mobile phone of the kind we've seen over and over again from the company. Turn it on, though, and the Yari is full of surprises, most notably its "gesture gaming" function...
With one of the largest screens we've seen on a GPS device, Uniden's TRAX 5000 certainly looks appealing at first glance. Also boasting advanced lane guidance, 3D landmarks and terrain and built-in safety warnings, the TRAX 5000 is good value for mon...
The Mio Moov A470 is a midrange GPS unit equipped with a 4.7in widescreen display. Highlights include inbuilt safety alerts, live traffic updates, 1GB of onboard memory, a microSD card slot and Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
Navman's C series of GPS units is a budget line targeted at cost-conscious consumers. Navman's C60 is essentially based on an older GPS model from the company with updated maps and a different coloured casing.
Navman's MY30 GPS unit is the entry-level satnav in the MY range, but lane guidance and 3D junction views make a surprise appearance. Overzealous school zone warnings and a small display are issues, but given its reasonable price, the Navman MY30 rep...
On paper, Sony Ericsson's Satio smartphone certainly looks impressive -- a whopping 12.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, a large 3.5in touch screen display and an interface that uses standby panels on the home screen to access commonly used applic...
Packing in a wealth of features including a brilliant AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel camera and Wi-Fi, its strange to think the Samsung Jet Icon isn't actually a smartphone. Though it lacks the ability to install third-party applications, the intuitiv...
An entry level GPS unit with a downsized display, Garmin's nuvi 1260 is ideal for anyone on a budget. For a reasonable $349, the nuvi 1260 includes a text-to-speech feature and a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone and it provides a solid navigational ...
The third iteration in Nokia's Navigator series of mobile phones, the 6710 Navigator is Nokia's best effort yet. The small screen will annoy many users, but the addition of a great zoom bar, a free lifetime subscription to the GPS maps and an excelle...
The Mio Moov A350 is a budget-priced GPS unit that sacrifices size for affordability. It comes equipped with a 3.5in LCD touch screen, along with inbuilt safety alerts, a gigabyte of inbuilt memory and an impressive 2-year warranty. With an RRP of ju...
Thankfully, most of the great features of webOS have not been compromised. After spending some time with the Palm Pixi, we found a lot to like about this sprightly smartphone - for the most part.
Garmin's nuvi 1350 is a mid-range GPS that operates in a manner that's very similar to the flagship nuvi 1390T. For a saving of $150, you lose Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, advanced lane guidance and built-in traffic support, though the navigati...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nokia-branded Android phones will return to the market
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW