Retailing at just $199, TomTom's latest Start GPS unit is the Dutch giant's cheapest portable navigation unit released in Australia. Designed for first-time GPS users, the TomTom Start has spoken street names, an EasyPort mount system, IQ Routes tech...
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
A similar GPS unit to the Navig8r G43 but possessing a smaller screen, the Laser Navig8r G35 performs almost identically to the larger model. At $169 it’s the cheapest GPS unit on the market, but the design is underwhelming and the speaker and screen...
It looks ugly, its screen is hard to see in direct sunlight and the sound quality is poor, but Laser’s Navig8r G43 GPS unit isn’t all bad news. Retailing for just $229 it offers free map updates, an Australian text-to-speech voice and speed limit war...
The fifth Australian turn-by-turn GPS application to be available from Apple's App Store, NDrive Australia aims to please iPhone users with detailed maps and a straightforward user interface. Unfortunately, its lack of features and a sub-par interfac...
ALK is renowned for its turn-by-turn GPS applications on PDAs and Windows Mobile smartphones, and now the company's CoPilot Live 8 GPS application has finally arrived on the iPhone.
Described by Samsung as the "world's first 12.1 megapixel camera phone," the Pixon 12 mobile phone was actually beaten in Australia by the launch of the Sony Ericsson Satio.
Navman's C40 GPS unit is an entry-level model targeted at users on a strict budget. It's based on the older Navman S35 but has updated maps and a different coloured case. The Navman C40 represents decent value but overzealous school zones alerts and ...
Sony Ericsson's Yari looks much like another run of the mill, mid-range slider mobile phone of the kind we've seen over and over again from the company. Turn it on, though, and the Yari is full of surprises, most notably its "gesture gaming" function...
With one of the largest screens we've seen on a GPS device, Uniden's TRAX 5000 certainly looks appealing at first glance. Also boasting advanced lane guidance, 3D landmarks and terrain and built-in safety warnings, the TRAX 5000 is good value for mon...
The Mio Moov A470 is a midrange GPS unit equipped with a 4.7in widescreen display. Highlights include inbuilt safety alerts, live traffic updates, 1GB of onboard memory, a microSD card slot and Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
Navman's C series of GPS units is a budget line targeted at cost-conscious consumers. Navman's C60 is essentially based on an older GPS model from the company with updated maps and a different coloured casing.
Navman's MY30 GPS unit is the entry-level satnav in the MY range, but lane guidance and 3D junction views make a surprise appearance. Overzealous school zone warnings and a small display are issues, but given its reasonable price, the Navman MY30 rep...
On paper, Sony Ericsson's Satio smartphone certainly looks impressive -- a whopping 12.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, a large 3.5in touch screen display and an interface that uses standby panels on the home screen to access commonly used applic...
Packing in a wealth of features including a brilliant AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel camera and Wi-Fi, its strange to think the Samsung Jet Icon isn't actually a smartphone. Though it lacks the ability to install third-party applications, the intuitiv...
An entry level GPS unit with a downsized display, Garmin's nuvi 1260 is ideal for anyone on a budget. For a reasonable $349, the nuvi 1260 includes a text-to-speech feature and a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone and it provides a solid navigational ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CC.NET DEVELOPERVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia