Now has never been a better time to buy a GPS navigation device.
GPS & Car Tech
Once costing in excess of $1000, GPS navigation units, or sat navs, can now be purchased for very reasonable prices. Christmas is one of the best times to buy a GPS unit and throw away your street directory for good; the cheapest GPS devices can be b...
TomTom GPS units are some of the most recognisable on the market. The Dutch company has a great track record of producing easy-to-use sat navs featuring stylish but simple interfaces, headed by its popular, entry-level ONE range.
Navman is one of the most popular GPS brands in Australia and it is best known for providing good value for money. Competing against the European giant TomTom and US company Garmin on the navigation front, Navman has a range of GPS units at all price...
US company Garmin may not have as big a presence in Australia as it does in many European markets, but its range of portable in-car GPS units are some of the most impressive on offer. Garmin also has a huge presence in marine and handheld GPS units; ...
A Bluetooth speakerphone allows you to answer and take calls in your care without holding your phone. These are much louder and more effective than the integrated speakerphones found on most mobile phones, and will also mean you avoid a run-in with t...
Once costing in excess of $1000, you can now pick up a budget GPS unit for under $200.
Although mobile phones aren't always as reliable as dedicated in-car sat navs for navigation, a GPS-enabled mobile phone has its own advantages -- namely they fit in your pocket and you generally carry them with you wherever you go.
The dominance of Apple's iPhone is largely thanks to its App Store, and some of the most useful third-party applications come in the form of fully fledged navigation software.
Most portable GPS units have 3.5in or 4.3in screens, but displays of up to 5in are now available in sat nav devices for very reasonable prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lamborghini claims 4WD will double sales
- Nvidia launches Tegra X1, bringing deep neural learning to self-driving cars
- Audi goes petrol-electric with the A3 e-tron first
- Ford equipping supervisory speed limits on 2015 Mustangs
- Navman adds digital video recording to MiVue Drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC