Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
Apple could make HomeKit more convenient and less confusing with its own control app.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Tesla said it will hold off on selling its 10kWh backup battery and instead sell only a 7kWh intermittent battery for homes.
Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
Google has made a big play for the Internet of Things, announcing a new OS on Thursday that will connect appliances around the home and allow them to be controlled from an Android smartphone or tablet.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australi...
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
Samsung is bringing built-in Wi-Fi to many of its upcoming consumer products, creating an 'Internet of things' within its brand.
According to data released by market research company GFK, small appliances have bucked the trend of declining sales in the consumer technology industry, with growth in the third quarter of 2010. According to GfK, sales figures for the third quarter ...
Budget online electronics vendor Kogan Technologies is making the jump to the UK market, with sales of products like the company's low-priced TVs beginning in mid-November.
No beans about it: An automobile dubbed the "Car-puccino" has been designed to run only on leftover coffee grinds. The heavily-modified 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco was created for British TV show Bang Goes The Theory, a program that's all about "puttin...
Researchers at NTT DoCoMo have developed a set of prototype in-ear headphones that can detect and measures changes in the body's electrical state that take place when your eyes move, and have harnessed this technology to control the music player on a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- Apple HomeKit may get an official controller app in iOS 10
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
- Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power
- Tesla nixes 10kWh home battery, for now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia