Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
Sony's first 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports HDR and virtually everything else you can ask for, but it's focused on pricey custom AV installations.
The Jam Rewind and Braven 105 are two small, durable Bluetooth speakers that offer good sound and several distinctive features.
This speaker's price tag, sound, and feature set are appealing enough, but it's all undermined by a distinctly mediocre app.
The diminutive Core is one of the best Bluetooth speakers ever. The Core Sub is icing on that sonic cake.
JBL's Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker can run for an astounding 20 hours between charges. Party hardy folks!
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
Optical discs like Blu-ray are losing favor, but Sony and Panasonic don't seem to care. The companies have cranked up the storage capacity on optical media to a stunning 3.3TB.
The company’s secret throttling of data rates undercuts the arguments it had made in supporting net neutrality
As hardware, Microsoft's collaborative Surface Hub is undeniably breathtaking. As software, we expected to see Cortana and more multitasking features, but Microsoft says some of the limitations are by design.
It streams media on the cheap, but Google's dongle lacks advanced functionality.
Denon's new AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W receivers to deliver nearly every major audio and video feature you could ask for.
These mini hi-fi systems are the best we've reviewed in the last 12 months.
These are the best Blu-ray players you can buy from the last year.
These media streamers from the last year have been chosen for our Editor's Choice award.
These are the best Blu-ray players for watching your movies on your TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's first 4K Blu-ray player reminds you what a steal the Xbox One S truly is
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT