So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will probably want one. Yes Christmas is coming and yes, it’s $250. That’s not cheap. So is it worth buying?
Plex Media Player is now available to everyone, as is the Plex experience which is now on Kodi.
The change is a bit of an about face for Google, which is opting to bank on its successful Chromecast name for all supported hardware.
Sony brings its TV streaming service to "one of the most highly requested devices by our fans."
Google's Chromecast Ultra quadruples the pixels for double the money, but it lacks the bells and whistles of other high-end steaming devices.
The least-expensive Echo does everything its pricier siblings do, but you should spring for an outboard speaker if you want it to play music.
The Xiaomi Mi Box's $69 price tag and 4K HDR streaming help paper over Android TV's shortcomings.
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote review: A peppier processor makes this streamer worthwhile
Picking the best low-cost media streamer just got a lot more complicated.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
Improvements to Roku's high-end set-top boxes don't add up to a better value—unless you need 4K HDR video.
The TV app, coming in December, is a unified TV guide app that works across Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad.
AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
So, you’ve finally decked out your home theatre with a Blu-Ray DVD player, and you’re ready to stock up on a collection of stunning Blu-Ray films. But who are we kidding? For every blockbuster or Hollywood classic that we’ll be watching, we’ll have to sit through countless replays of the same kids’ movies first. So we’d better make sure they’re good.
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
Movies are a place where we are willing to believe anything. They are a place where literally anything can happen: intergalactic travel, upside down worlds, dinosaur theme parks, time travel, hoverboards. Anything you could possibly imagine.
These mini hi-fi systems are the best we've reviewed in the last 12 months.
These are the best Blu-ray players you can buy from the last year.
These media streamers from the last year have been chosen for our Editor's Choice award.
These are the best Blu-ray players for watching your movies on your TV.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD