Movies are a place where we are willing to believe anything. They are a place where literally anything can happen: intergalactic travel, upside down worlds, dinosaur theme parks, time travel, hoverboards. Anything you could possibly imagine.
Home Entertainment - Features
We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a ci...
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
It streams media on the cheap, but Google's dongle lacks advanced functionality.
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing ...
We review systems from Orb Audio, Onkyo, and Yamaha, each priced less than $1000.
What’s more immersive than surround sound? An audio system that can use the third dimension of height.
Across Samsung’s entire television and audio range was one clear trend. Televisions, computer monitors, sound bars and even sound systems from Samsung will all curve on the basis of improved performance.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Lenco is a brand that started out in the 1940s making high-end turntables, so it knows a thing or two about sweet sounding audio. In the present day, the company is moving into the multiroom, Hi-Fi business, introducing a range of wireless speakers t...
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
The NBA Finals are coming up this week (Friday 11am in eastern Australia), and those of you that have a subscription to NBA League Pass and a Chromecast dongle attached to your TV might be wondering how to watch games using that setup.
The Chromecast has just hit Australia, and plenty of people are excited about it. But one question we keep getting asked is whether the Chromecast can be used to stream videos that have been downloaded from the Internet. The short answer is ‘yes’. Th...
Google Chromecast is a small media streaming device that can be purchased from JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith Electronics for $49. It's a simple device that can be used to stream YouTube and other content to your TV. Here's what it comes with.
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW