Panasonic's unveiling of a 50-inch plasma TV that displays 3D images got me thinking: Is 3D the killer app that will make Blu-ray players popular in the home?
Have you heard? iPods in Europe are about to get a lot more quiet. Regulators have released a new set of standards governing how loud portable music players can go, and that means the default max volume is going take a big dip from where it currently...
It is my sad news this morning to report the demise of the world's most famous microblog. Twitter, we hardly knew ye.
Many of rock's greatest moments hinge on shifts in music technology. Here is a chronology of some of the highlights.
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
There is an abundance of media players on the market — including the WD TV and ScreenPlay HD — that allow you to play downloaded files as well as other media on your television either locally or over a network. Some products, like Syabas ...
A new standard for Wi-Fi communication, 802.11n, is now official paving the way for faster, more reliable, and more efficient wireless networks. That means improvements to streaming of HD content, better performance for applications running on a Wi-F...
Discounted Apple products, cheap colour laser printing and more!
Perhaps one of the most interesting products to come out of the first day of this year's IFA electronics fair in Berlin is Toshiba's JournE Internet and multimedia tablet.
Computer maker Asus may be getting ready to launch an e-reader that would mimic the traditional book, be in full color and come loaded with a variety of innovative features.
Blu-ray may have a future in the living room, but its prospects in the PC market appear bleak. A new study by market researcher iSuppli shows that only 3.6 percent of PCs this year will ship with Blu-ray high-definition optical drives, a figure will ...
Like any self-respecting couch potato, your dad probably owns an HDTV. However, this is only one part of the audio-visual puzzle (the visual part, to be precise). To truly immerse himself in the next Ashes series or latest blockbuster movie, your dad...
When it comes to choosing a top-of-the-range television, you can choose between the tried-and-tested technology of plasma televisions and the newer innovations of LED-backlit LCD panels.
If you've got a collection of LPs (those pre-MP3, pre-CD, flat black platter-like things) or even 45s (like LPs, but smaller) sitting in boxes somewhere, there are probably some tunes on them, even entire albums, that you wouldn't mind having on your...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Internet TV set to surge this Christmas
- Telstra TV: The Roku box that could
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT