Boost your audio experience with the free MixTape.me, Mojo, SharePod, and TuneUp, among other downloads and services -- whether you use iTunes or not.
Home Entertainment - Features
We've put together a guide to make sure you aren't left behind by the digital television changeover.
We take a look at the LG LH50: the company's first 200Hz television.
The LG HB954WA integrates a Blu-ray disc player with a 5.1 channel speaker system and amplifier.
This month, the Federal Government began rolling out its $42 billion stimulus package to citizens nationwide (along with overseas foreigners and corpses, it says here).
The budget Blu-ray player market is heating up and it has never been a better time to make the switch to the high-definition format. We've checked out the top five budget Blu-ray players and picked out the best of the bunch.
We take a look at the new Toshiba 1080p LCD TVs
Choosing a suitable set of high quality speakers doesn't have to be a difficult process. Sure, there are plenty of choices on the market but by working out what you will use the speakers for -- and where you are going to be using them -- you will be ...
Some of us are blessed with giant speaker setups, $6500 projectors and dedicated home theatre rooms. Those who aren’t have to struggle by on far more modest systems for watching movies, sometimes employing a PC and flat-screen monitor. It is still po...
In 2008 the television markets for both plasma and LCD technology shifted dramatically. LCD television prices dropped 40 per cent in 2007 and this fall continued in 2008. However, the global ‘credit crunch’ led manufacturers to hold off on normal pri...
Plasma vs LCD? What is high definition? We walk you through the process of picking up a new flat panel LCD or plasma television.
New EX1 and ZX1 super-slim models to arrive in March
The second part of our DIY home theatre series covers the selection of an A/V receiver, which powers your speakers and allows you to connect multiple audio and video devices simultaneously.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
Of all the components in your home theatre system, the speakers are arguably the most important. They take the electrical pulses from your amplifier and convert them into thrilling highs, rich mid-range and stunning lows.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW