The budget Blu-ray player market is heating up and it has never been a better time to make the switch to the high-definition format. We've checked out the top five budget Blu-ray players and picked out the best of the bunch.
We take a look at the new Toshiba 1080p LCD TVs
Choosing a suitable set of high quality speakers doesn't have to be a difficult process. Sure, there are plenty of choices on the market but by working out what you will use the speakers for -- and where you are going to be using them -- you will be ...
Some of us are blessed with giant speaker setups, $6500 projectors and dedicated home theatre rooms. Those who aren’t have to struggle by on far more modest systems for watching movies, sometimes employing a PC and flat-screen monitor. It is still po...
In 2008 the television markets for both plasma and LCD technology shifted dramatically. LCD television prices dropped 40 per cent in 2007 and this fall continued in 2008. However, the global ‘credit crunch’ led manufacturers to hold off on normal pri...
Plasma vs LCD? What is high definition? We walk you through the process of picking up a new flat panel LCD or plasma television.
New EX1 and ZX1 super-slim models to arrive in March
The second part of our DIY home theatre series covers the selection of an A/V receiver, which powers your speakers and allows you to connect multiple audio and video devices simultaneously.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
Of all the components in your home theatre system, the speakers are arguably the most important. They take the electrical pulses from your amplifier and convert them into thrilling highs, rich mid-range and stunning lows.
The holiday season is always a popular time to buy a TV, with many people looking for the perfect family gift.
If you're looking to brighten someone's Christmas day with some home entertainment hardware, you've got a vast range of options.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW