So, you’ve finally decked out your home theatre with a Blu-Ray DVD player, and you’re ready to stock up on a collection of stunning Blu-Ray films. But who are we kidding? For every blockbuster or Hollywood classic that we’ll be watching, we’ll have t...
Home Entertainment - Guides
For those of you with an older TV who want to get a premium Netflix experience, a good option is a Fetch TV set-top box.
If you've a Netflix subscription, you may be wondering what the best way is to watch television shows and movies on your big-screen TV.
It's time to buy a new TV; the old one has finally packed it in, but when you go to the store there are so many choices and it's hard to know what to get. This guide will show you what to look out for so that you take home the TV that's right for you...
Digital radio is the next evolution of radio broadcasting in Australia. While AM and FM radio frequencies are familiar to us all, digital radio is still a very new concept. So what makes digital radio different? It uses a compression format called DA...
3D television is the Next Big Thing -- at least if you believe television manufacturers like Samsung, Sony and Panasonic, which are bringing a range of 3D TVs to market in coming months. Not all 3D televisions are equal though, with manufacturers rel...
Everyone has had the experience of staring at the back of a machine, device, or gadget, scratching their head, gazing in bewilderment at some unfamiliar cable port.
Digital radio is the next evolution of radio broadcasting. It offers better sound and signal quality compared to existing analog radio services, but you will need special equipment to receive digital radio transmissions.
Move over VHS. The time has well and truly arrived for hard disk drive recorders.
Read on to find out how to consolidate all your home entertainment and PC needs into one solution.
DVD/VCR combo drives give you the best of both worlds. Read on to find the right one for your needs.
Just because you don't own a digital television doesn't mean you can't enjoy the benefits of better image quality and more options.
Rain, hail or shine, we'll help you choose the best speakers for your outdoor needs.
If you want a pumping home theatre system you're going to need the right speakers to complement your setup.
Portable DVD players take your DVDs out of the lounge room and into cars, trains, buses, parks ... in fact, anywhere you go.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistACT
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCRed Hat Linux SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW