The Roku Express hits a new low in streaming box pricing, but it makes big compromises to get there.
We last reviewed Fetch TV’s main set-top box (second generation) two years ago. How things change in that time? Back then we primarily lamented the lack of built-in WiFi – something that would be unthinkable these days - but now the third-generation box (called the Mighty) has added it to the mix.
In ye olde days, the Fetch TV came as a chunky box which would only work with some routers under certain conditions over an ADSL connection. Picture quality was poor and so was the channel choice. Not anymore.
The fourth-gen Apple TV with tvOS, App Store, and Siri remote is Apple's priority.
The new Chromecast quadruples the pixels for double the price.
If you're looking for an affordable Android TV streaming box, Xiaomi's Mi Box is now available with 4K and HDR support.
Amazon is adding the Alexa Voice Remote to the Fire TV Stick. Pre-orders are now available.
The Chromecast Ultra is expected to cost $69 when it rolls out after Google's hardware event on October 4.
Buying a Sonos home speaker from Apple will also get you a free gift card to try Apple Music.
Plex Cloud relies on Amazon's Web Services to stream your media, rather than a constantly connected PC sitting in your home.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
The company’s secret throttling of data rates undercuts the arguments it had made in supporting net neutrality
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
- 4K Chromecast Ultra details leak ahead of Google event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW