Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
The company’s secret throttling of data rates undercuts the arguments it had made in supporting net neutrality
It streams media on the cheap, but Google's dongle lacks advanced functionality.
Denon's new AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W receivers to deliver nearly every major audio and video feature you could ask for.
Portable streamer is powered by a quad-core processor, but resolution is limited to 1080p.
The fight for the living room is heating up with Apple recently upping the ante with the reboot of the Apple TV and telecommunications giant, Telstra, making moves of its own with the release of the Roku powered Telstra TV.
The Apple TV is a great networked media player, but it would be greater still if it supported more file types and played from more locations. By locations, I mean over the network from something other than an iTunes server, and—oh, I don’t know—an attached USB drive?
Just add a display, keyboard and mouse for a surprisingly handy.Chrome-on-stick experience.
The new Apple TV has better performance and better remote, but nothing that the competition doesn't have already.
Netflix, Stan and Presto: no matter the service, Telstra wants its brand to be synonymous with streaming video on demand.
Google continues to extend its reach into the living room with the unveiling of two second-generation Chromecasts.
Australians are turning to inexpensive streaming devices following Netflix's entrance into the local market instead of buying pricey smart televisions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT