AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
Home Entertainment - News
The fourth-gen Apple TV with tvOS, App Store, and Siri remote is Apple's priority.
The new Chromecast quadruples the pixels for double the price.
If you're looking for an affordable Android TV streaming box, Xiaomi's Mi Box is now available with 4K and HDR support.
Amazon is adding the Alexa Voice Remote to the Fire TV Stick. Pre-orders are now available.
The Chromecast Ultra is expected to cost $69 when it rolls out after Google's hardware event on October 4.
Buying a Sonos home speaker from Apple will also get you a free gift card to try Apple Music.
Plex Cloud relies on Amazon's Web Services to stream your media, rather than a constantly connected PC sitting in your home.
Sony's first 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports HDR and virtually everything else you can ask for, but it's focused on pricey custom AV installations.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Optical discs like Blu-ray are losing favor, but Sony and Panasonic don't seem to care. The companies have cranked up the storage capacity on optical media to a stunning 3.3TB.
As hardware, Microsoft's collaborative Surface Hub is undeniably breathtaking. As software, we expected to see Cortana and more multitasking features, but Microsoft says some of the limitations are by design.
Denon's new AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W receivers to deliver nearly every major audio and video feature you could ask for.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- FTArcSight/SIEM Platform Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC