After some time hinting it would do so, Japanese electronics giant Sony has finally committed to bringing several of its eReader line-up to Australia, partnering with giant retail chain Borders to do so.
Home Entertainment - News
Apple announced its second-generation Apple TV during a press event Wednesday, showing off the updated device, which streams movies from the Internet or mobile devices directly to TV sets.
PlayStation 3 owners will finally be able to watch movies in 3D by October, Sony CEO Howard Stringer promised during his speech Wednesday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
Sony will launch a streaming music service, "Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity," by the end of the year, the company said Wednesday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
Most observers agree that more content is needed for 3D to take off in the living room. An important part will be self-generated, Panasonic said Wednesday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
Apple today introduced a dramatically smaller and less expensive Apple TV that streams rented movies and TV programs to high-definition television sets, making good on rumors that the company would push what CEO Steve Jobs has long called a "hobby" p...
Apple's new line-up of iPod music devices unveiled overnight in the US will hit Australia next week, the company announced this morning, although the nation will have to wait a little longer for the revamped Apple TV.
The price tag for e-readers will drop below the $100 threshold Wednesday when Borders starts selling its Aluratek Libre eBook Pro device $US99.99.
National broadband provider Internode will follow its larger rivals Telstra and iiNet into the brave new world of online entertainment, revealing plans last night to kick off an internet television trial in late September.
The Federal Court of Australia has slapped a temporary ban on a handful of local retailers selling or importing hardware, commonly known as “mod chips”, that allows unauthorised software to run on Sony’s PlayStation 3.
Movies in 3D could soon stream to PCs and TV sets with the development of a new video file compression standard by researchers in Germany.
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
Apple will stick to its practice of revamping its iPod line next week, but other moves, including possible tweaks to its Apple TV box, will likely be minor, a Wall Street analyst said.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
Apple has issued invitations to a press event in San Francisco on Sept. 1 at which the company is expected to launch new products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
- 4K Chromecast Ultra details leak ahead of Google event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia