Predictions for the Kindle's death at the hands of the iPad appear to have been premature as Amazon on Monday reported strong growth in sales of its popular e-reader after dropping the price to US$189.
Sharp recently announced that it will be the first Blu-ray disc maker to launch a recordable triple layer Blu-ray format with 100GB of storage capacity--twice the capacity of current Blu-ray discs.
Samsung Electronics has launched its latest high-end TV, the Series 9 - a $10,000 55in panel which is a mere 7.98mm thick. The new Series 9 also supports 3D viewing and has a full colour touch-screen remote control.
ATLANTA -- The development of "smart TVs" is also leading, not surprisingly, to the creation of a smart remote as well, thanks to <a Intel.
Quirk Books will publish the DC Comics 75th Anniversary Poster Book in October, collecting what it says is the most memorable DC comic covers from its history.
Everyone has wanted a light saber at some point. Well, keep dreaming, it's not going to happen.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
Samsung Electronics, one of the world's largest electronics makers, on Wednesday forecast record operating profit for the second quarter of 2010 on strong sales.
Telstra chief executive David Thodey tonight revealed that the telco was talking with its joint venture partner Foxtel to bring the payTV service to Telstra's T-Box internet television platform launched last month.
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phon...
Amazon.com is keeping up the pressure on competitors in the electronic book market and will launch on July 7 a new version of its Kindle DX that features a better screen and costs US$110 less than the current model.
Amazon had no choice but to slash the price of the Kindle DX, the bookseller's oversized e-reader, to $US379--a substantial $US110 drop. The device is facing competitive pressure at both ends of the e-book spectrum, and it increasingly looks like an...
Could HDMI's days be numbered? It could be, if a new a new audio/video (A/V) cable standard developed by four tech companies catches on.
The English and US football teams found the World Cup a struggle but can the Internet itself hold up under the huge traffic demands imposed by the first ever 'online' tournament?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC