The Australian appetite for on demand television will hit a high point this holiday season according to a new study by Paywizard.
Home Entertainment - News
Netflix, Stan and Presto: no matter the service, Telstra wants its brand to be synonymous with streaming video on demand.
Google continues to extend its reach into the living room with the unveiling of two second-generation Chromecasts.
Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
Will support for high-definition audio streams be enough to break Sonos’ iron grip on this market?
Dr. Dre's long-awaited new album Compton: A Soundtrack debuted last week on Apple Music as the service's first high-profile exclusive, and while the release was a big one, it was unclear if Apple could juice enough interest to make exclusivity worth ...
Telstra TV will offer access to the big three streaming video-on-demand (SVOD) services as Telstra looks to cement its place in the competitive market.
Two removable end speakers take you from 2.1 to 4.1 surround sound
Instead of making you choose between Apple AirPlay and Google Cast, Sony's latest whole-home speakers will work with both.
Australians are turning to inexpensive streaming devices following Netflix's entrance into the local market instead of buying pricey smart televisions.
Samsung is the latest manufacturer to become FreeviewPlus certified. Its range of smart TVs, including its newly released SUHD, 4K models, will allow users to access Catch Up services through the interface of the TV.
A new set-top box from DishTV, called aerialBox T2100, is said to be the first set-top box of its kind to be certified for FreeviewPlus, allowing you to watch Catch Up content from its main interface.
Popular streaming video on demand service, Netflix, may be the current talk of the town, but for Vodafone, the key word is Stan. The telco has stitched up a partnership with the Aussie streaming service to offer up to three-month subscriptions for cu...
LG announced its 2015 television range at an empty Sydney Cricket Ground yesterday. The company unveiled 17 new LCD models that put an emphasis on 4K technology. Up to 66 per cent of its range is now made up of these ultra-high definition (UHD) model...
Foxtel has overhauled its cable-TV platform to incorporate Internet-savvy services, one interface across different devices and has launched a new set top box distinguished by an upgradable set of features.
While rumours and leaks of Netflix pricing broke on Whirlpool and made their way to Reddit and Twitter on Sunday night, Netflix this morning confirmed the rumours to be true. The streaming service, which will be going live tomorrow (24 March) will of...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT