Channel Nine will be the first Australian network to broadcast 3D video footage. The State of Origin series of rugby league matches will be the first 3D sporting footage broadcast by any free-to-air television station worldwide.
Home Entertainment - News
Apple's next-gen iPhone? Source: Gizmodo.com California authorities are investigating the lost Apple iPhone prototype incident that made news earlier this week, according to a report by CNET News today.
The Blu-ray Disc format will soon be able to perform some nifty tricks--if manufacturers adopt new specifications that the Blu-ray Disc Association, the format's governing body, is likely to finalize soon. For starters, Blu-ray disc capacity could ju...
A 22-year-old Ohio man has been sentenced to 29 months in prison for selling counterfeit movies online while serving a home detention sentence, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
3D has come to the iPad. Sort of. Florida-based kode80 has announced an update to its HoloToy application for iPad iTunes link) that gives the app a simulated 3D effect. How does HoloToy's 3D effect work? It creates perspective based on the angle of...
Ericsson has partnered with international sports network EPSN, providing the broadcaster with technology that will allow its new ESPN 3D network to deliver 3D transmissions of live sporting events.
Intel showed off a pocket-sized device that monitors power usage by gadgets and appliances across a house, from toasters to computer monitors and video game consoles.
Using a Microsoft Surface table computer has typically been limited to two dimensional interactions, but research presented at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference in Atlanta adds a third dimension.
How Do You Spell 'Fan'? You're not a true geek until you eat, breathe, and live your geeky obsession--the key word here being live. How do you display your geekiness at home? Do you have a poster? A few figurines? Perhaps even Space Invaders wa...
Broadcasters from Malaysia and Hong Kong will visit Sydney this week to take part in a Commercial Radio Australia digital radio study tour, gaining first-hand knowledge and experience of DAB+ digital radio.
Sony is giving visitors to Sydney's World Square the opportunity to test out Sony BRAVIA 3D TV sets before their release in July.
ABC's iView online video on demand service will be accessible on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players from mid-May.
NineMSN has launched an online video on demand service dubbed FixPlay. The site features content from Channel 9 and the Nine Network's digital Go! channel, as well as from Warner Bros and the BBC.
Australian retailers will begin selling Samsung's 3D LED televisions from April 19, with 3D plasma televisions available from the start of May.
Samsung's 2010 range of LED, LCD and plasma televisions will feature integrated Skype, YouTube and Twitter access, and offer DLNA media streaming from a PC, mobile phone or supported digital camera. Samsung also revealed that its televisions should s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCPentaho BI DeveloperQLD
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW