The LG HR599D is a high-definition HDD recorder with a 500GB hard drive, twin digital HD television tuners and the ability to play Blu-ray discs. The HR599D Twin HD Recorder / Blu-ray Disc Combo also comes with integrated Wi-Fi (802.11n) and a front-...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Sony RDR-HDC500 (AKA Sony RDR-DC 505) is an HDD/DVD recorder with a 500GB hard drive capable of recording in Full HD.
Like the Sony BDP-S570, the Samsung BD-C6900 is a 3D Blu-ray disc player that's packed with interesting and useful features. It can connect to the Internet via wired or wireless networking to access video-on-demand content from a wide range of provid...
At first glance, the Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray player seems perfect: It costs a reasonable US$225. It prepares discs for playing in record time. It incorporates a video search engine and plays Internet video from a multitude of sites. It's 3D-ready (via ...
The Revo Heritage Deluxe is a distinctive retro-looking DAB table radio with built-in Wi-Fi and the ability to play podcasts and internet radio. It can also act as an iPod dock. The 70s-styled device is bigger and more expensive than we think it need...
The ASUS SBC-06D1S-U is an external Blu-ray drive designed for PC-based home theatre systems. In addition to playing Blu-ray discs, it is also a capable DVD burner. (This is a function that many external BD drives lack.) Alongside its DVD burning cap...
LG's FB164DAB is a mini hi-fi system with an internal DAB+ digital radio tuner. It has stereo bookshelf speakers with good mid-range and treble reproduction, although there is no lower bass extension and music begins to distort when higher volumes ar...
Kogan seems to love slashing the price of its products. When the Kogan Blu-ray Player Full HD 1080P first appeared, it cost just $299.
Sony's USB Media Player (SMPU10) is the company's belated answer to the Western Digital WDTV. It allows you to quickly and easily transfer digital media files -- such as music, movies, photos and camcorder footage -- from your PC's hard drive to a TV...
The Orb Audio People's Choice home theatre system is a set of five satellite speakers and a powered subwoofer.
Sharp's HT-SB400 is a soundbar that is designed to boost the sound quality of the company's latest LCD televisions such as the Sharp LC40LB700X.
The Sharp Aquos BD-HP22X is a bare-bones Blu-ray player that offers little in the way of extras. Indeed, its official Web page has to resort to "Full High-Definition 1080p" to pad out the features list (hate to break it to you guys, but all Blu-ray p...
The Pioneer VSX-LX52 is a high-end home theatre receiver with support for 7.1 discrete audio channels. Its total power output of 1050W RMS is split equally between the seven satellite audio channels, with the capability to minutely adjust almost ever...
The Kogan HD Digital Set-Top-Box with PVR lets you watch high-definition digital television on a non-digital TV. You can also plug in an external hard drive or flash drive to record TV shows. At under $100 this set-top box represents great value for ...
It was not so long ago that a top-of-the-range Blu-ray player would set you back $2500 or more. Now, you can snap up the feature-packed Samsung BD-P3600 for under $500 — and still consider it to be a bit pricey. Times sure have changed. Equippe...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC