The ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media streamer is easy to use and handles all common file types. With the exception of streaming from networked PCs, it is a capable and simple media playback device with a few nifty features.
The Altec Lansing Mix iMT800 iPod dock looks and sounds impressive.
The $699 Pioneer BDP-320 sends gorgeous pictures to an HDTV, but it lacks the Web streaming multimedia capabilities of even lower priced Blu-ray disc players; such as the LG BD370 and the Panasonic DMP-BD60.
What's shaped like an egg but isn't? What audio device has a touch-screen interface but isn't an iPod Touch?
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill ...
Netgear's Digital Entertainer Elite EVA9150 is the most versatile example of a rare breed: set-top media players that can be used by "the rest of us." With their terminal-like interfaces that only a geek could love, most such boxes tend to appeal mai...
The rather odd-looking LaCie Sound2 Speakers are quite useful for users who have a netbook or regular notebook. However, the design of this USB-based speaker system frustrated us from the beginning.
The Sony BDP-S360 is an entry-level Blu-ray player that covers most of the basics well. It boasts excellent picture quality, good DVD upscaling and a very user-friendly interface. Profile 2.0 is naturally supported, along with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD...
For the same price as a mid-range 42in HDTV, Sony's VPL-BW7 projector provides a larger image with decent quality. High brightness and contrast mean the VPL-BW7's image is still somewhat visible in a well-lit area, though don't expect the best qualit...
Bridging the gap between the home PC and a high-quality audio system is the aim of the Olive 2 from Olive Media. It's a network audio player, able to receive digital audio over a local wired or wireless network - and it can also be used to play strea...
At first glance, the slim Toshiba BDX2000--the company's first Blu-ray Disc player--seems unexceptional, with limited extras and a boxy remote. But when you pop a Blu-ray disc into it and see what the BDX2000 can do, you'll realise what a bargain it ...
The Xtreamer is an inexpensive media streamer that lets you display standard- and high-definition video, audio and photos from your PC on your television. It functions well over a wired Ethernet network and plays files over USB; wireless networking a...
The DVICO TViX M-6600N is a personal video recorder (PVR) with a 1TB hard drive, twin high-definition digital television tuners and integrated 802.11n wireless networking. On paper it has specifications to rival the best in its class, and in practice...
Sony's BDV-E800W is a decent home theatre system, with reasonable sound quality and an extensive feature set. Its audio isn't as good as more expensive systems and ones with proper speaker cabinets, but as a simple-to-use accompaniment to a modern fl...
In theory, smartphones make the perfect universal remote: they are almost always on you, many have touch screens, and their Internet connection means you can update your app to suit any additions to your home theatre arsenal. Unfortunately, smartphon...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD