In theory, smartphones make the perfect universal remote: they are almost always on you, many have touch screens, and their Internet connection means you can update your app to suit any additions to your home theatre arsenal. Unfortunately, smartphon...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Sony BDP-S560 not only delivers terrific high-definition images, but also excels at upconverting DVDs, too. And it does so in a Wi-Fi enabled model. But this model lacks the streaming media extras that competing Blu-ray Disc players offer.
The Iomega ScreenPlay Director HD is a network-enabled media streamer that builds upon the strong points of earlier ScreenPlay units like the HD and Pro HD. It has an intuitive and well-designed menu system and support for a reasonably large range of...
Panasonic's DMR-XW350 is a high-end DVD recorder that slots somewhere between the DMR-XW450 and DMR-EX79 in the company's digital video recorder (DVR) line-up.
Even before we unpacked the Dyson Air Multiplier there were two distinctive things we noticed about it. Firstly, it's expensive — seriously expensive. Secondly, it has a somewhat pretentious name. However, when we unpacked this "bladeless fan",...
The Bush BR20DAB is the latest in a line of great digital radios to be released in the lead-up to Christmas.
The Soundmatters foxL is a portable Bluetooth speaker with a rechargeable battery. It's easy to slip into a pocket or backpack, and its expansive sound makes it a good choice for travellers. It is expensive but its audio quality is also head and shou...
It's been on the market for more than 12 months but Foxtel's iQ2 digital video recorder (DVR) continues to become more useful, with Foxtel adding new HD channels to its arsenal.
Philips' AE5230 is a portable DAB+ digital radio. Lightweight (650g) and easy on the eye, this DAB+ radio can also tune in to regular FM stations; it makes for a nice addition to any kitchen bench or bedside table.
The ASRock Ion 330HT-BD is a 'nettop' desktop PC with Intel's Atom 330 1.6GHz dual-core processor and NVIDIA ION integrated graphics. It has hardware acceleration to play back 1080p Blu-ray video free of any stuttering or buffering, and the integrate...
The Panasonic SC-BT200 is a pre-built home theatre system that provides an easy way to add surround sound and Blu-ray disc playback to your flat-screen television. It’s got plenty of useful features for the digital enthusiast, and flaws in its sound ...
The Tivoli Audio PAL is a portable AM/FM radio with an auxiliary input for connecting a portable media player. It's expensive, but if you've got a few dollars to spare and are looking for a Christmas present for an audiophile pal, give this radio som...
The Astone Media Gear AP-360T is a media streamer with an inbuilt digital television tuner and a versatile feature set.
The Revo Blok iPod dock has full-range stereo speakers that output a smooth and pleasant sound which isn't especially clear in treble but has detailed and rich mid-range and bass. The model we tested had a beautiful woodgrain finish and exacting buil...
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a table-top FM radio with a single full-range 3in speaker. It's not a particularly advanced radio, lacking DAB+ and any audio streaming features, but it has the best FM tuner we've heard in a radio this size and offers f...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- FTSAP Service Delivery ManagerACT