The Bowers and Wilkins Panorama is a home theatre soundbar with great audio quality and an exceedingly stylish design. Getting the best sound out of the device is tricky thanks to an unintuitive optimisation process and the lack of an on-screen displ...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Sony BDP-S760 is a high-end Blu-ray player aimed squarely at movie buffs and discerning audiophiles.
Western Digital's WD TV Live is a tiny and inexpensive high-definition media player that can access a wide variety of video, audio and photo files from both local and networked storage devices. It is extremely easy to use but lacks wireless connectiv...
Seagate's FreeAgent Theater+ is a media streamer designed to work in conjunction with the company's FreeAgent Go portable hard drives. While it can be used with any USB flash drive or portable hard drive, its advantage lies in its FreeAgent integrati...
Sonos makes multiroom network music streaming components that are elegant and reliable and great-sounding, but rarely inexpensive. At $699, however, the company's new Sonos ZonePlayer S5 is quite affordable, though it won't be the right option for ev...
Finally! A digital radio that has a decent price tag yet doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality. OXX Digital's Vantage looks as good as it sounds, with a retro design that’s very easy on the eye.
The Revo Pico DAB+ greatly improves on its predecessor, the Revo UNO DAB+. It's a nifty little rugged radio that lets you listen to FM and DAB+ stations. The inclusion of a rechargeable battery in the Pico was a great move by Revo, and the ‘splashpro...
The Revo iBlik RadioStation is a desktop digital radio with an iPod dock and Wi-Fi networking. It's stylish and modern, but the troublesome controls and an imperfect mono speaker mean it isn't a great choice.
The Panasonic DMP-BD80 is a top brass Blu-ray player with a respectable brace of bells and whistles. If you specifically require 7.1ch audio and DivX playback, it's pretty hard to beat. Otherwise, plump for its cheaper stable mate, the DMP-BD60.
At first glance, the Astone Media Gear 1080p AP-100 looks like a bedside clock with its flimsy construction and bland design. However, it's actually a media player with good format support, a reasonable price and the ability to play Full HD media.
LaCie's LaCinema Rugged HD is a hard drive that attaches to your PC's USB port, and it's a multimedia player that outputs the video, music, and images that you copy onto it to your TV via HDMI or composite/analog outputs. It's price (US$349) is above...
The Olive Opus No.4 media streamer is impressively designed, simple to operate and gratifying to listen to. It's painfully expensive, but we'd happily pay a premium for the build quality and design as well as the impressive specifications.
The Mediagate MG-M2TV is a small and unobtrusive media streamer that can play content off USB drives and memory cards. We like its simplicity and support for a wide range of file formats, though its lack of networking and any built-in storage may ann...
The Samsung HT-BDS200 soundbar is a stylish and well-built home theatre system with a wireless subwoofer and an integrated Blu-ray disc player. It may be a bit large and imposing if you are pairing it with a smaller screen, but it is a good match wit...
The Pure EVOKE-2S is an eco-friendly digital radio that receives both digital audio broadcasts (DAB) and FM signals. It's marketed at people who want a digital radio for the kitchen, but you can use this model pretty much anywhere around the house. P...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW