The Noontec Moviedock A6 is a media streamer that lets you display stored digital data on your TV. It can be used to play movies, listen to music or view photos in a variety of file formats, including most HD video codecs. With its fuss-free setup, e...
The Sony Super MU.TE.KI (HTDDW8500) is a 7.4-channel surround sound system that doesn’t pull any punches. Everything you need to set up a large cinema room is included, so all you need to add is a big TV and a Blu-ray disc player.
The Noontec MovieHome V8 is a hard drive-based media player that is capable of connecting to a network. It has a clean interface and works speedily. However, it has a loud fan and support for some file formats is absent.
The Toshiba SDP92SKY is a portable DVD player with a swivelling 9in LCD screen. It comes with a smattering of intriguing features, including DivX media support, an AV input connection and an SD card slot for playback of video files, MP3s and photos. ...
QNAP's NMP-1000 is a media streamer that benefits from the company’s extensive experience in network-attached storage, offering a variety of backup and archiving options.
Freecom would have you believe that getting your video and photos on to your main TV or your hi-fi is as simple as plugging it in to the mains and switching it on. The paucity of setup information provided with the package certainly suggests as much,...
The Panasonic DMP-B15 is the world’s first portable Blu-ray player. It combines an 8.9in LCD screen and a BD optical drive in a (semi) portable package. It also doubles as a player for the home, complete with YouTube functionality and BD-Live support...
We first had a look at the LaCinema range of media-streaming devices back in March when the LaCie LaCinema Max - the top end model in the range - arrived in the PC Advisor Test Centre. The LaCie LaCinema Black PLAY is a marginally less capable produc...
The Edimax WP-S1100 is a wireless media streamer that connects to your projector or high definition television and relays compressed video files from your wireless-enabled PC or laptop computer. It requires a small amount of networking know-how but o...
The Sharp HT-DV50H home theatre system packs 250W RMS of power into two thin floor-standing speakers and a squat subwoofer. With its virtual surround modes and integrated DVD player, it’s well suited to small and medium rooms that don’t have a lot of...
The Sony MU.TE.KI (HT-DDW7500) is an oversized 7.2-channel home theatre system. That’s right: seven speakers and two subwoofers. It may be large to the point of excess, but this lets the MU.TE.KI handle any audio thrown at it. Good virtual surround p...
The Panasonic SC-HC3 is an attractive and slim micro hi-fi system that has an integrated iPod dock . It delivers good sound quality for a small system, although it probably doesn't have enough power for party duties.
Syabas Technology's Popcorn Hour A-110 "networked media tank" is a feature-packed media streamer, but it isn't for the faint of heart. Strong community support means this media steamer can be expanded through third-party applications, but both the Po...
The Samsung HT-BD1255 is a 5.1 surround sound home theatre system with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, an iPod dock, network connectivity and wireless rear speakers. It looks great and has well-rounded sound for a (comparatively) cheap system.
The Samsung BD-P1600 is a Blu-ray disc player that is fully Profile 2.0 compliant and supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding. A few annoying design quirks aside, it includes everything you’d want in a Blu-ray disc player.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC