QNAP's NMP-1000 is a media streamer that benefits from the company’s extensive experience in network-attached storage, offering a variety of backup and archiving options.
Freecom would have you believe that getting your video and photos on to your main TV or your hi-fi is as simple as plugging it in to the mains and switching it on. The paucity of setup information provided with the package certainly suggests as much,...
The Panasonic DMP-B15 is the world’s first portable Blu-ray player. It combines an 8.9in LCD screen and a BD optical drive in a (semi) portable package. It also doubles as a player for the home, complete with YouTube functionality and BD-Live support...
We first had a look at the LaCinema range of media-streaming devices back in March when the LaCie LaCinema Max - the top end model in the range - arrived in the PC Advisor Test Centre. The LaCie LaCinema Black PLAY is a marginally less capable produc...
The Edimax WP-S1100 is a wireless media streamer that connects to your projector or high definition television and relays compressed video files from your wireless-enabled PC or laptop computer. It requires a small amount of networking know-how but o...
The Sharp HT-DV50H home theatre system packs 250W RMS of power into two thin floor-standing speakers and a squat subwoofer. With its virtual surround modes and integrated DVD player, it’s well suited to small and medium rooms that don’t have a lot of...
The Sony MU.TE.KI (HT-DDW7500) is an oversized 7.2-channel home theatre system. That’s right: seven speakers and two subwoofers. It may be large to the point of excess, but this lets the MU.TE.KI handle any audio thrown at it. Good virtual surround p...
The Panasonic SC-HC3 is an attractive and slim micro hi-fi system that has an integrated iPod dock . It delivers good sound quality for a small system, although it probably doesn't have enough power for party duties.
Syabas Technology's Popcorn Hour A-110 "networked media tank" is a feature-packed media streamer, but it isn't for the faint of heart. Strong community support means this media steamer can be expanded through third-party applications, but both the Po...
The Samsung HT-BD1255 is a 5.1 surround sound home theatre system with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, an iPod dock, network connectivity and wireless rear speakers. It looks great and has well-rounded sound for a (comparatively) cheap system.
The Samsung BD-P1600 is a Blu-ray disc player that is fully Profile 2.0 compliant and supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding. A few annoying design quirks aside, it includes everything you’d want in a Blu-ray disc player.
The Noontec GV3732 media streamer packs a 3.5in hard drive bay, a card reader, network connectivity and plenty of audio-visual processing into a small and unobtrusive body.
Revo’s Uno DAB+ is an unusual looking and expensive digital radio that only offers an average feature set.
Bush’s BR10DAB DAB+ digital radio receiver incorporates a single speaker and a tuner into a simple body, giving acceptable entry-level sound quality and has an easy-to-use interface.
The Akai AISS010 home theatre system is a powerful stereo speaker system with in-built subwoofers. It has plenty of integrated features such as an iPod dock, USB port and DVD player that make it attractive to those wanting a simple unit for watching ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT