The Noontec MovieHome V8 is a hard drive-based media player that is capable of connecting to a network. It has a clean interface and works speedily. However, it has a loud fan and support for some file formats is absent.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Toshiba SDP92SKY is a portable DVD player with a swivelling 9in LCD screen. It comes with a smattering of intriguing features, including DivX media support, an AV input connection and an SD card slot for playback of video files, MP3s and photos. ...
QNAP's NMP-1000 is a media streamer that benefits from the company’s extensive experience in network-attached storage, offering a variety of backup and archiving options.
Freecom would have you believe that getting your video and photos on to your main TV or your hi-fi is as simple as plugging it in to the mains and switching it on. The paucity of setup information provided with the package certainly suggests as much,...
The Panasonic DMP-B15 is the world’s first portable Blu-ray player. It combines an 8.9in LCD screen and a BD optical drive in a (semi) portable package. It also doubles as a player for the home, complete with YouTube functionality and BD-Live support...
We first had a look at the LaCinema range of media-streaming devices back in March when the LaCie LaCinema Max - the top end model in the range - arrived in the PC Advisor Test Centre. The LaCie LaCinema Black PLAY is a marginally less capable produc...
The Edimax WP-S1100 is a wireless media streamer that connects to your projector or high definition television and relays compressed video files from your wireless-enabled PC or laptop computer. It requires a small amount of networking know-how but o...
The Sharp HT-DV50H home theatre system packs 250W RMS of power into two thin floor-standing speakers and a squat subwoofer. With its virtual surround modes and integrated DVD player, it’s well suited to small and medium rooms that don’t have a lot of...
The Sony MU.TE.KI (HT-DDW7500) is an oversized 7.2-channel home theatre system. That’s right: seven speakers and two subwoofers. It may be large to the point of excess, but this lets the MU.TE.KI handle any audio thrown at it. Good virtual surround p...
The Panasonic SC-HC3 is an attractive and slim micro hi-fi system that has an integrated iPod dock . It delivers good sound quality for a small system, although it probably doesn't have enough power for party duties.
Syabas Technology's Popcorn Hour A-110 "networked media tank" is a feature-packed media streamer, but it isn't for the faint of heart. Strong community support means this media steamer can be expanded through third-party applications, but both the Po...
The Samsung HT-BD1255 is a 5.1 surround sound home theatre system with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, an iPod dock, network connectivity and wireless rear speakers. It looks great and has well-rounded sound for a (comparatively) cheap system.
The Samsung BD-P1600 is a Blu-ray disc player that is fully Profile 2.0 compliant and supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding. A few annoying design quirks aside, it includes everything you’d want in a Blu-ray disc player.
The Noontec GV3732 media streamer packs a 3.5in hard drive bay, a card reader, network connectivity and plenty of audio-visual processing into a small and unobtrusive body.
Revo’s Uno DAB+ is an unusual looking and expensive digital radio that only offers an average feature set.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA