The Olin HVBT-2000 is a cheap and easy to use digital television set-top box that operates quickly.
The Seagate FreeAgent Theater is a media player designed to connect your Seagate FreeAgent Go external hard drive to a television for photo, audio and video playback
The Fiivo is a personal video recorder (PVR) and digital set-top box that’s significantly cheaper than big-name players like the TiVo HD. Despite this, it offers some features that might sway digital video enthusiasts.
As sub/sat systems go, the Creative GigaWorks T3 system is certainly quite compact. But it also offers one of the best overall sound qualities from the breed of PC stereo speaker systems you can find.
The Panasonic DMR-BW850 Blu-ray disc recorder provides great image quality and plenty of useful features to those looking for a high-end media storage and playback device. These features, in addition to a large internal hard drive and Internet connec...
The DVICO TViX R-3300 is a competent personal video recorder and set-top box with a built-in tuner for digital and analog TV that also excels at streaming multimedia files from computers on a network. The interface is simple rather than flashy and so...
The LG HB954WA home theatre system has an integrated Blu-ray disc player, an iPod dock and wireless rear speakers. Its sound quality could be slightly better and the system's styling may not be to everyone’s tastes, however.
The Yamaha TSX-130 digital radio incorporates an iPod dock, CD player and a USB port for playing music stored on thumb drives. The two 15W speakers and two bass reflex ports provide good audio quality, and it's capable of receiving both FM and DAB+ r...
Grundig's GDR700AB is a digital radio that supports the DAB+ standard. It has a rich, wood-accented exterior and integrated stereo speakers. It can run off batteries and has a useful line-out port for connecting it to a more powerful stereo.
The Grundig DAB+ iPod DocThe Grundig DAB+ iPod Docking Radio (GDR710DABIP) is a digital radio and iPod dock with two speakers and a tuner for receiving conventional FM radio.king Radio (GDR710DABIP) is a digital radio and iPod dock with two speakers ...
The Sharp DVSL1200W DVD player has progressive scanning and an attractive design, but its lack of 1080p upscaling and an HDMI output makes it unsuitable for use with large screen televisions.
The Panasonic DMR-EX79 DVD-recorder has a 250GB hard drive and a HDMI 1.3 port for upscaling DVDs to 1080p. Despite its inability to decode HD signals, it offers a reasonable feature set for its $659 price point.
The Sharp HT-SB200 is a stereo sound bar that will give a boost in sound quality and volume to any slimline LCD or plasma television. It functions seamlessly with Sharp’s recent LCD television range and provides good quality sound and bass extension ...
The Panasonic DMP-BD60 might cost a bit more than the other top-tier Blu-ray Disc players on the market, but in our opinion it's worth it. The BD-Live-capable DMP-BD60 delivers terrific design, a plethora of features, and stellar image quality.
The Sangean WFT-1D DAB+ media streamer can receive FM radio, DAB and DAB+ signals. Using its Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection it can stream Internet radio and play shared media from a network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC