UE's Mini Boom produces voluminous sound from a good looking, highly functional and portable body. Two speakers can be paired to form a modular stereo image, and the inclusion of NFC takes the fuss out of Bluetooth pairing.
The Jabra Solemate Mini is an impressive little speaker that provides good sound in both indoor and outdoor environments. It’s priced at around $99, and the speaker’s clarity is good at low-to-mid-level volumes. While it doesn’t look as nice as some ...
The Braven 855s is not only a Bluetooth speaker, it’s a Bluetooth speaker with a rugged enclosure that makes it water resistant and capable of absorbing everyday bumps. You can easily use this speaker outside, in the kitchen, or even in a workshop wi...
Logitech’s UE Boombox is a stylish speaker that uses Bluetooth to wirelessly play your favourite tunes. The $299 speaker is a good looking piece of kit, but will it play your music with enough gusto to get the party started?
Polk Audio is well regarded when it comes to speaker technology, and the company is quite capable of making small speakers that put out a big sound. The Woodbourne stereo speaker system that we're reviewing here is perhaps not that small compared to ...
The Fenda W18BT Swan portable Bluetooth speaker combines 360-degree sound delivery, above average volume levels, and impressive battery life in a small, solidly built and very portable sphere. However, while its form factor is commendable, the device...
The Jawbone Mini Jambox is colourful and compact Bluetooth speaker boasts excellent build quality and produces reasonable sound quality, but it's overpriced and distorts at maximum volume.
Studio Proper, an Australian brand behind the popular Wallee mounting system for smartphones and tablets, is dipping its hat into the Bluetooth audio ring. The company claims its Proper Audio PA1 is the world's first dual Bluetooth pairing wall mount...
The Sonos PLAY:1 wireless speaker packs a significant punch considering its size and produces surprisingly good bass levels, though we would have loved to see a battery-operated option to enhance portability.
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
Onkyo has come up with a new type of sound device for improving the audio from your TV. It'’s the LS-T10 TV speaker system, which the company also calls a 'soundbase'. It's basically a soundbar that has a lot more depth so that it can also be used as...
The Nude Audio Move M is a portable Bluetooth speaker with eye catching design that features a brightly coloured carrying cord and a thick, silicone sleeve. Sound quality is reasonably for its compact size, but the unit distorts at high volume levels...
The Bush Heritage digital radio has an old-style look that would suit those of you who want to add a bit of 'retro' to your surroundings. It has a 1950s looks that we think many people will dig, but at the same time we're also a bit over the whole 'r...
If you’ve got a home theatre that’s any more complicated than just a TV, you’ll know the annoyance of juggling several remote controls. The Harmony Ultimate is Logitech’s most complete attempt so far to control everything simply, and the addition of ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Internet TV set to surge this Christmas
- Telstra TV: The Roku box that could
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW