It's odd to think that a small and portable Bluetooth speaker is capable of replacing a traditional home stereo system, but the Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A2 speaker sure comes close to doing just that.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The WD TV is a media player savvy enough to jump online with a friendly retail price of $150. It consists of a box the size of a hard drive and one of the most ingeniously laid out remote controls.
Samsung’s M7 is the top dog of its modular speaker line. It forms part of a range that makes it possible to line your home with inconspicuous speakers, each churning out the music of your choice, and it’s all controlled from the nifty remote known co...
Bose's SoundTouch speakers work over a home’s wireless network, either independently or as part as a network of modular speakers. The idea behind modular sound systems is you can fill each room with its own speaker and still play the same song over t...
Staring at the Yamaha B232 brings about a sense of nostalgia. The connectivity-savvy stereo has a whiff of the eighties about it, with a top clad in woodgrain and the kind of buttons found in an older uncle’s dated Mercedes. Retro styling allows the ...
It may look like a plain old box, but the Fetch TV set-top box houses plenty of hardware and software capabilities that can freshen the way you watch TV. It’s a box that’s available from a couple of ISPs, namely iiNet and Optus, and if you sign up fo...
The long-awaited Google Chromecast is now available to purchase in select Australian retail stores for the modest sum of $49. It's a device that can make it very easy for you to enjoy YouTube and other Google content on your big screen TV. It does th...
Simple music, that’s what Sony’s SRS-X5 is about. The speaker uses Bluetooth technology for the wireless playback of music, while NFC technology enables pairing with the tap of a smartphone or tablet.
The NX-P100 is Yamaha's contribution to the Bluetooth speaker market. Packed into a tiny enclosure is a variety of audio and connectivity features, but is it good enough to warrant a $199 price?
The SC-NP10 is a 21-watt, 2.1 speaker dock best used with tablets, smartphones, ‘phablets’ and computers. It takes up little space and adds cinematic dimension to your mobile device, but there is one reason why recommend simpler alternatives.
UE's Mini Boom produces voluminous sound from a good looking, highly functional and portable body. Two speakers can be paired to form a modular stereo image, and the inclusion of NFC takes the fuss out of Bluetooth pairing.
The Jabra Solemate Mini is an impressive little speaker that provides good sound in both indoor and outdoor environments. It’s priced at around $99, and the speaker’s clarity is good at low-to-mid-level volumes. While it doesn’t look as nice as some ...
The Braven 855s is not only a Bluetooth speaker, it’s a Bluetooth speaker with a rugged enclosure that makes it water resistant and capable of absorbing everyday bumps. You can easily use this speaker outside, in the kitchen, or even in a workshop wi...
Logitech’s UE Boombox is a stylish speaker that uses Bluetooth to wirelessly play your favourite tunes. The $299 speaker is a good looking piece of kit, but will it play your music with enough gusto to get the party started?
Polk Audio is well regarded when it comes to speaker technology, and the company is quite capable of making small speakers that put out a big sound. The Woodbourne stereo speaker system that we're reviewing here is perhaps not that small compared to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD