Samsung’s best home-theatre-in-a-box is a smart way to boost the volume, sound quality and power of your TV’s sound system, and it’s versatile even if it won’t compare to a proper home cinema system.
The Bose SoundLink Mini is one of the best sounding portable Bluetooth speakers on the market and really packs a punch for its compact size.
The Jongo S3 is part of a new family of wireless speakers from Pure. It has integrated Wi-Fi and a Bluetooth dongle, an accompanying app for iOS and Android, and a 360-degree omnidirectional sound design. With an internal rechargeable battery, it’s m...
Toshiba's little TY-SP1 Bluetooth speaker may not be as flashy as the Beats by Dre Pill, nor can it serve up sound quality as good as the Bose SoundLink Mini. Instead, it's a simple and relatively inexpensive speaker that's designed to suit portable ...
Foxtel Play is a new, streamlined IPTV service from Australia’s largest cable TV company, with a no-contract subscription, reduced prices and updated packages. It’s meant to get Foxtel in the hands of anyone who doesn’t want a complicated, locked-in...
Dune HD is a Taiwanese company with a trio of media streamers. The Dune HD Base 3D, the current top dog, houses a 3.5-inch internal hard drive, while the lesser Dune HD TV-303D uses the same platform but moves to a 2.5-inch drive to save space. The T...
Portable Bluetooth speakers seem to be one of the most popular consumer technology devices right now, so it's no surprise to see Beats jump into the game. The Beats Pill is compact, well designed and easy to use, but it lacks bass, distorts at high v...
Over the years, Google has had a few attempts at bringing content from your Android phone or tablet to your TV -- like the aborted Nexus Q, and the various incarnations of the Google TV.
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
Designed for a purpose opposite to the company’s in-ear monitors, the UE Boom joins the three other wireless speakers in turning your smartphone or tablet into a portable music powerhouse -- it’s small and light, but packs a capacious battery and two...
The venerable DVD is almost twenty years old. Blu-ray (and HD-DVD, may it rest in peace) is already a precocious seven years old. It looks like the future of video storage is going to be online, cloud-based, streamable and downloadable. The Dune HD ...
The Tivoli Music System is a small, integrated hi-fi that will work wonders in a bedroom or small-sized living room. It has all you need in a sturdy, good-looking wooden enclosure. You might balk at the over-$1000 price tag, but exceptional audio per...
The wooden look of the Bush BR40DAB portable digital radio is attractive, and its sound quality is decent enough for a small radio. However, the control buttons on the front, and the menu system in general, just don't make for an enjoyable user exper...
The Braven 650 is a premium portable Bluetooth speaker, joining a category kick-started by the Jawbone JAMBOX. It’s a versatile little device, although you pay for its convenience. As small speakers go, it sounds good.
Streaming music services have taken Australia by storm in the last year. Spotify’s first birthday is in a couple of weeks, and Rdio is another six months older than that. Both are incredibly popular, and users are listening on PCs, smartphones and ta...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Internet TV set to surge this Christmas
- Telstra TV: The Roku box that could
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW