Don't know what to buy your dad this Father's Day? Let PC World Australia help find you the best Father's Day gift. From Google's excellent Nexus 7 tablet to Bowers & Wilkins stylish P3 headphones, we've found something for every type of father!
Home Entertainment - Roundups
If you want to record TV, or play digital TV on an old TV set, you'll want a set-top box or personal video recorder. We've consolidated all our PVR reviews here for easy access.
If you want to watch a movie that will make your new Full HD LED or plasma TV look good, you'll need a Blu-ray player. We've rounded up all our Blu-ray player reviews in one place.
If you want to watch 3D movies on your new TV, you'll need a 3D Blu-ray player. We've rounded up every single 3D Blu-ray player available in Australia that we've reviewed.
If you've got a big LCD or plasma TV, it would be a shame not to spoil it with some high quality Full HD Blu-ray movies... and for that, you need a Blu-ray player. We've picked out what we think are the best Blu-ray players in Australia so far this y...
If you want to buy a device to bring your old analog TV into the 21st century, a digital TV set top box is the easiest way to go about it. All you need to do is plug it into your TV antenna and connect it to your TV, and you'll have future-proof acce...
If you want to watch downloaded movies, play music or watch slideshows on your TV, the best way to do it is to buy a media streamer. These dedicated boxes hook up to your home network and TV to display all the shared files you've got, and can also pl...
Panasonic's Blu-ray players may not have the same diverse feature-set [[artnid:380360|as Sony's]], but they're still great at playing Blu-ray and DVD movies. Panasonic also makes an excellent range of Blu-ray digital TV recorders with internal hard d...
Sony makes great Blu-ray players and hard-drive-based digital TV recorders. We've put together a roundup of all our reviews from 2010 and 2011 -- so if you're looking for help choosing a Blu-ray player, read through and you should find something good...
Buying a Samsung Blu-ray player from last year right now is a great value purchase -- they're very cheap and are likely to get even cheaper with new models coming out in April and May. We've put together a list of every Samsung Blu-ray player that we...
If you've got a shiny new TV and a Blu-ray player, but want to play back music or photo or video files from your PC or notebook, a media player is the way to go. You can load up these devices with media files and easily access them, or you can connec...
If you're admiring your shiny new 3D TV but don't have any tri-dimensional content to play on it, we'd strongly suggest picking up a 3D Blu-ray player and some 3D Blu-ray movies. Each major manufacturer -- we're talking LG, Sony, Panasonic, and Samsu...
2010 was a busy year for home entertainment products.
HD PVRs and Blu-ray recorders are hard drive-equipped entertainment systems that let you record television in high-definition. Most models come with useful additional features, including 1080p DVD upscaling, inbuilt digital TV tuners, multimedia supp...
For the past few years, Sony and Panasonic have been at the forefront of Blu-ray technology. The format was developed and pioneered by Sony, which makes them a top authority on the subject. Panasonic, meanwhile, has introduced many firsts into the Au...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT