So, you’ve finally decked out your home theatre with a Blu-Ray DVD player, and you’re ready to stock up on a collection of stunning Blu-Ray films. But who are we kidding? For every blockbuster or Hollywood classic that we’ll be watching, we’ll have to sit through countless replays of the same kids’ movies first. So we’d better make sure they’re good.
Home Entertainment - Slideshows
Movies are a place where we are willing to believe anything. They are a place where literally anything can happen: intergalactic travel, upside down worlds, dinosaur theme parks, time travel, hoverboards. Anything you could possibly imagine.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Two removable end speakers take you from 2.1 to 4.1 surround sound
Creative Labs has just announced the availability of a couple of new amplifier products for mobile devices and desktop computers that are designed for those of you who care about audio. It's a welcome return from the company that used to be front of mind in the PC and portable audio scenes.
Google Chromecast is a small media streaming device that can be purchased from JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith Electronics for $49. It's a simple device that can be used to stream YouTube and other content to your TV. Here's what it comes with.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
A new generation of console gaming and home entertainment kicks off with the Xbox One launch party, hosted in Sydney's Luna Park as the city lights up.
The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is the ultimate all-in-one remote control. It can control RF or infrared TVs and home entertainment equipment, and it has Bluetooth support for home theatre PCs and game consoles.
Foxtel Play has just launched in Australia. It's an online streaming video version of Foxtel, giving you access to a grand total of 47 live TV and movie channels and a large library of catch-up TV.
Google has announced the Google Chromecast, a small device that lets you stream online content and sync your phone, tablet or laptop with your TV.
The Beats Pill is a light and portable Bluetooth speaker that promises quality sound. We've just received an evaluation unit, so let's go hands-on!
Ultimate Ears has a new speaker out -- the waterproof, battery-powered, Bluetooth-toting UE Boom. We got hold of one and took a look.
What is UltraViolet? It's the new, free movie streaming and download service that will be bundled with new-release movies and TV shows sold on DVD and Blu-ray from May 1.
Foxtel has released the Foxtel Go app for Apple iPads, letting existing Foxtel subscribers access up to 21 channels of live TV and an archive of catch-up TV programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
- Amazon's faster new Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa-enabled voice remote
- 4K Chromecast Ultra details leak ahead of Google event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC