With so many thrilling movies being released to Blu-ray every week, it’s quite hard to keep track of each one of them even for the avid loves of film and cinema. But you can’t look away. In fact, there is nothing worse than a blind buy that ends up being a disappointment.
Home Entertainment - Slideshows
So, you’ve finally decked out your home theatre with a Blu-Ray DVD player, and you’re ready to stock up on a collection of stunning Blu-Ray films. But who are we kidding? For every blockbuster or Hollywood classic that we’ll be watching, we’ll have to sit through countless replays of the same kids’ movies first. So we’d better make sure they’re good.
Movies are a place where we are willing to believe anything. They are a place where literally anything can happen: intergalactic travel, upside down worlds, dinosaur theme parks, time travel, hoverboards. Anything you could possibly imagine.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Two removable end speakers take you from 2.1 to 4.1 surround sound
Creative Labs has just announced the availability of a couple of new amplifier products for mobile devices and desktop computers that are designed for those of you who care about audio. It's a welcome return from the company that used to be front of mind in the PC and portable audio scenes.
Google Chromecast is a small media streaming device that can be purchased from JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith Electronics for $49. It's a simple device that can be used to stream YouTube and other content to your TV. Here's what it comes with.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
A new generation of console gaming and home entertainment kicks off with the Xbox One launch party, hosted in Sydney's Luna Park as the city lights up.
The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is the ultimate all-in-one remote control. It can control RF or infrared TVs and home entertainment equipment, and it has Bluetooth support for home theatre PCs and game consoles.
Foxtel Play has just launched in Australia. It's an online streaming video version of Foxtel, giving you access to a grand total of 47 live TV and movie channels and a large library of catch-up TV.
Google has announced the Google Chromecast, a small device that lets you stream online content and sync your phone, tablet or laptop with your TV.
The Beats Pill is a light and portable Bluetooth speaker that promises quality sound. We've just received an evaluation unit, so let's go hands-on!
Ultimate Ears has a new speaker out -- the waterproof, battery-powered, Bluetooth-toting UE Boom. We got hold of one and took a look.
What is UltraViolet? It's the new, free movie streaming and download service that will be bundled with new-release movies and TV shows sold on DVD and Blu-ray from May 1.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT