Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you've no doubt heard about the impending PlayStation Phone -- a smartphone designed for gaming.
Home Entertainment - Slideshows
Last night, nefarious members of Australia's technology press converged at the CBD Bar, Sydney, for a Halloween Party thrown by PR firm Max Australia, whose clients include NetApp, Fuji-Xerox, Belkin and Symantec.
In a day and age where music sharing is a bigger deal than Justin Bieber's haircut, it can be confusing to wade through Web sites looking for the best ones for downloading some new tunes.
The video games industry is bigger than ever, with hundreds of different games cluttering store shelves. It's easy to get swamped by all the different titles on offer – especially if you're shopping for a friend or family member. In the following article, we've narrowed down the best games currently available for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. These are the video games that every gamer should own.
The IFA has a storied past as well as notable celebrities and some "first" technology ever seen in Europe. From Einstein to Xbox, the IFA has shown it all. Some products, like the 3DTV, were ahead of their time. Others, like the MiniDisc...well, just never got off the ground.
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
Virtually no sci-fi or action flick these days is complete without a computer scene showing a few screens of mysterious scrolling text and a 3D wire-frame model. But where does this vaguely tech-looking stuff come from? Well, more often than
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phonograph.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gave the company one goal: to develop the perfect speaker. We take a look at their products and can only dream of one day owning a set of speakers from the iconic brand.
Welcome to The Microsoft Home, where no wall or table in the house is safe from being a digital device.
Back in the 1940s during the Second World War, electronics company Bang & Olufsen fought to stay afloat when Danish Nazi sympathisers destroyed their factory as revenge for its refusal to co-operate with German forces. (In fact, many of their employees were actively involved in the Danish resistance.)
In just 10 short days, the 2010 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Johannesburg, South Africa, bringing joy and euphoric agony to every corner of the globe. For Australian football fans in the southern hemisphere, this means a fortnight of broken sleep, bleary eyes and botched workflows.
Tech and booth babes on day one of the CeBIT Australia 2010 trade fair in Sydney.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected side by side on screen, with viewers having to look through a stereoscope to unite the two images together.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW