The IFA has a storied past as well as notable celebrities and some "first" technology ever seen in Europe. From Einstein to Xbox, the IFA has shown it all. Some products, like the 3DTV, were ahead of their time. Others, like the MiniDisc...well, just never got off the ground.
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
Virtually no sci-fi or action flick these days is complete without a computer scene showing a few screens of mysterious scrolling text and a 3D wire-frame model. But where does this vaguely tech-looking stuff come from? Well, more often than
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phonograph.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gave the company one goal: to develop the perfect speaker. We take a look at their products and can only dream of one day owning a set of speakers from the iconic brand.
Welcome to The Microsoft Home, where no wall or table in the house is safe from being a digital device.
Back in the 1940s during the Second World War, electronics company Bang & Olufsen fought to stay afloat when Danish Nazi sympathisers destroyed their factory as revenge for its refusal to co-operate with German forces. (In fact, many of their employees were actively involved in the Danish resistance.)
In just 10 short days, the 2010 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Johannesburg, South Africa, bringing joy and euphoric agony to every corner of the globe. For Australian football fans in the southern hemisphere, this means a fortnight of broken sleep, bleary eyes and botched workflows.
Tech and booth babes on day one of the CeBIT Australia 2010 trade fair in Sydney.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected side by side on screen, with viewers having to look through a stereoscope to unite the two images together.
With days and nights getting colder, why not pick up some gadgets to help you battle through the winter.
Professor Dr. Fritz Sennheiser founded the Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG in 1945.
Everyone hates an annoying git in the cinema talking on their mobile phone in the middle of a movie. But even worse than this are some of the ridiculous movie plots that feature mobile phones.
The old saying goes, "Be nice to geeks--you'll end up working for them someday." But in fiction, some geeks go on to even greater things, like fighting crime, changing history, or saving the world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LG goes big on 4K TVs, announces 17 new models up to 98-inches
- Foxtel's iQ3 champions new Internet-savvy platform
- Netflix confirms Aussie pricing, will start from $8.99
- Chromecast gains the ability to work with regular TV remote controls
- Apple's new streaming music service reportedly coming in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW