If you've got a collection of LPs (those pre-MP3, pre-CD, flat black platter-like things) or even 45s (like LPs, but smaller) sitting in boxes somewhere, there are probably some tunes on them, even entire albums, that you wouldn't mind having on your portable media player. Why not convert these old-fashioned LPs to MP3s yourself?
The ATT10U is a USB turntable from Akai that packs plenty of functionality in a well-constructed, modern-looking case. It might not look like it suits your classic A/V rack but it still does the job of playing back vinyl smoothly and capably.
Sony’s PSLX300USB is a turntable with a little added pizzazz in the form of USB connectivity. It isn’t as feature-laden or as well built as some other models we’ve come across, but as a device for copying your old, damaged vinyls to PC it’s a god-send.
If you're one of those people with stacks of LPs hanging around the house, and you're not quite sure what to do with them in the digital age, TEAC has got the answer. The GF350 is one of very few turntable-to-CD recorders on the market. It isn't perfect, but it does the job reasonably well and will allow you to get some use out of old records.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia