Reader Anibal is looking to outfit his PC with a Blu-ray drive and wants to know if there's any good, low-cost (or free) software for watching Blu-ray movies.
Home Entertainment - Tutorials
Despite a few seriously annoying bugs, the Windows 7 version of Windows Media Center is without a doubt the best yet.
Here are your most likely options, from the best to the worst, if you want to hook up your desktop PC or notebook to your TV.
Using your PC to store your photos, videos, and music might save you the trouble of having to dust off photo albums and alphabetize your CD collection, but it can still be a pain to keep your media converted, stored, tagged, and uploaded.
HDMI, RCA, S-Video--sorting through the alphabet soup of audio/video cables can be difficult.
I've made no secret of my love for Windows Media Center, but for months I've been living with a glitch that almost drove me to TiVo.
John Gumbs asked the PC World forum why you can only change a DVD drive's region a limited number of times.
Google encourages its engineers to spend 20 percent of their time working on projects that aren't necessarily in their job descriptions. The corporate philosophy that spawned Google products like including Gmail and Google News has perhaps had its gr...
Kurt asked the Answer Line forum about buying a PC for his home theater
If you're the kind of person who insists on handpicking a road-trip playlist rather than just setting your music player to shuffle, you were born for radio, baby. Fortunately, you don't have to let your daily life get in the way of your broadcasting ...
Question of the week: Do upscaling DVD players improve the picture on HDTVs? Answer: Probably, but there's no guarantee.
You have your pizza, your beer, and your brand-new, beautiful HDTV. But is that HDTV giving your favorite sport everything it's capable of giving?
As more people turn to e-readers, which are particularly handy for travel, a variety of screen guards and cases have hit the market, as have accessories such as clip-on lights and decorative decals. We looked at a variety of them this month.
You've bought the HDTV. You've set it up, plugged everything into it. Maybe you've even calibrated it for the best possible picture. But you're not done yet: fiddling with a few more settings can further complement your viewing experience.
You've bought the HDTV. You've set it up, plugged everything into it. Maybe you've even calibrated it for the best possible picture.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT