Over half of all Australian households watch digital television. But if you've got a shiny new digital television or set-top box, chances are that recording shows using your old VCR will be awkward and deprive you of the quality offered by digital br...
I'm a big fan of Microsoft's Windows Media Center, which is built into Vista and Windows 7.
The other day I told you how to add a TV tuner to your PC so you can record shows, TiVo-style. That's easy enough, but what about copying those recordings to your iPod or iPhone?
One of my longstanding complaints with Windows Media Center (which for the most part I love) is its lack of support for playlists.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Bringing home your shiny new <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/142535/top_50_and_52inch_hdtvs.html">HDTV</a> is just the beginning of your home theater adventure. But don't settle, as many HDTV buyers do, for just plugging your new set into you...
Your new set is in place, you've got your DVR ready, and your service for HD signals is set up. Now you have the hard task of connecting all the pieces together. Using just any available cables isn't the best choice, though. These tips will help you ...
Once your new HDTV is set up and connected to your home theater, it might seem that you can just power up and watch your favorite shows. But not so fast. You'll first need to calibrate your set to get an optimal picture. And as for the sound, you'll ...
Digital radio has been launched with much fanfare in all major capital cities. The technology offers significant advances over FM radio in terms of sound quality, features and available radio stations.
If you've ever owned an iPhone or an iPod, chances are you now manage your music using iTunes--because that's the way Steve Jobs wanted it. iTunes is pretty good, but it's not perfect. The duplicate killer that's native to the app, for instance, can ...
A reader wants to convert .mp3 music files to the .aac format.
Large high-definition televisions are voracious electricity consumers. Some 50-inch plasmas demand in excess of 400 watts of power when turned on. That's more than a good-size, modern refrigerator requires, though the refrigerator stays on 24/7, so i...
CopyTrans ($20) helps you sidestep one of iTunes's most galling built-in limitations. This useful app allows you to backup an entire iPod or iPhone's library, then either place it in a specific folder of your choice, or import the tracks and playlist...
Technology has progressed so quickly that anyone over the age of 30 has probably amassed a collection of data generated in both analog and multiple generations of digital technology. (I'm looking at you, Commodore cassette tape drive.) And though y...
Though streaming online video is great for instant satisfaction, there's nothing like having a video already downloaded and ready to watch. That's why services such as Apple's iTunes Store and Amazon Video on Demand are so appealing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTMobility Developers x 4 (iOS or Android)NSW