Over half of all Australian households watch digital television. But if you've got a shiny new digital television or set-top box, chances are that recording shows using your old VCR will be awkward and deprive you of the quality offered by digital br...
I'm a big fan of Microsoft's Windows Media Center, which is built into Vista and Windows 7.
The other day I told you how to add a TV tuner to your PC so you can record shows, TiVo-style. That's easy enough, but what about copying those recordings to your iPod or iPhone?
One of my longstanding complaints with Windows Media Center (which for the most part I love) is its lack of support for playlists.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Bringing home your shiny new <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/142535/top_50_and_52inch_hdtvs.html">HDTV</a> is just the beginning of your home theater adventure. But don't settle, as many HDTV buyers do, for just plugging your new set into you...
Your new set is in place, you've got your DVR ready, and your service for HD signals is set up. Now you have the hard task of connecting all the pieces together. Using just any available cables isn't the best choice, though. These tips will help you ...
Once your new HDTV is set up and connected to your home theater, it might seem that you can just power up and watch your favorite shows. But not so fast. You'll first need to calibrate your set to get an optimal picture. And as for the sound, you'll ...
Digital radio has been launched with much fanfare in all major capital cities. The technology offers significant advances over FM radio in terms of sound quality, features and available radio stations.
If you've ever owned an iPhone or an iPod, chances are you now manage your music using iTunes--because that's the way Steve Jobs wanted it. iTunes is pretty good, but it's not perfect. The duplicate killer that's native to the app, for instance, can ...
A reader wants to convert .mp3 music files to the .aac format.
Large high-definition televisions are voracious electricity consumers. Some 50-inch plasmas demand in excess of 400 watts of power when turned on. That's more than a good-size, modern refrigerator requires, though the refrigerator stays on 24/7, so i...
CopyTrans ($20) helps you sidestep one of iTunes's most galling built-in limitations. This useful app allows you to backup an entire iPod or iPhone's library, then either place it in a specific folder of your choice, or import the tracks and playlist...
Technology has progressed so quickly that anyone over the age of 30 has probably amassed a collection of data generated in both analog and multiple generations of digital technology. (I'm looking at you, Commodore cassette tape drive.) And though y...
Though streaming online video is great for instant satisfaction, there's nothing like having a video already downloaded and ready to watch. That's why services such as Apple's iTunes Store and Amazon Video on Demand are so appealing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Internet TV set to surge this Christmas
- Telstra TV: The Roku box that could
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW