Jason Snell takes a close look at the new iPhone SE and he finds himself thrown back in time.
iPhone Centre - News
Apple confirmed that 5s cases will also fit on the new iPhone SE, but that doesn't mean you can't buy a case designed specifically for the new 4-inch phone.
The battle over iPhone encryption began 18 months ago, Bloomberg reports.
Apple uses its March 21 product launch event to reiterate its stance on customer privacy.
Australians are the first in the Asia-Pacific region to experience Moments, Twitter’s new feature that collects trending Tweets specific to the categories of news, sports, entertainment and fun.
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
For the first time, over a third of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just 30 per cent last quarter.
Telstra customers will soon be able to access Apple’s new music streaming service for free.
Apple iPhone 4S users worried about the device’s battery draining rapidly can take steps to prevent the problem.
Reader Paul Boyce finds that the iPhone 4S's camera is inconsistent when it comes to autofocus.
If you ask Siri, the virtual personal assistant on the iPhone 4S, why it's so great, it answers with disarming humility: 'I am what I am.'
According to Apple, the iPhone 4S is selling very, very well. But not everyone is having a smooth experience with Apple's latest handset. A handful of issues are causing problems for a subset of users.
Virgin Mobile has joined Telstra, Optus and Vodafone in announcing pricing and plan details for the iPhone 4S, just one day ahead of its launch on Friday 14 October.
Apple has released iOS 5, its hotly anticipated upgrade to the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 5 is now available for download -- you might even be attempting to download it right now. Here's what you can expect from the new update.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA