Apple says it's not to blame for a series of exploding iPods and iPhones, according to a report published on Friday. The company has been under fire, so to speak, for devices overheating and shattering across Europe and the U.K.
iPhone Centre - News
Apple has approved a streaming music application from Spotify for use on the iPhone, even though the program will compete with Apple's own iTunes service.
Microsoft is offering an open source software development kit linking the company's Bing search engine to Apple's iPhone and Mac systems, according to a Bing community blog post on Thursday.
The only thing better than cool iPhone apps? Free iPhone apps. Of course, iTunes' App Store doesn't do a particularly good job highlighting the freebies, particularly those apps that used to cost a few bucks but are now permanently, or temporarily, g...
Apple's iPhone hasn't totally cornered the app obsession market, as Android users also lust for new finds in the Android Market, a survey by advertising platform AdMob found.
Microsoft is targeting the iPhone as another avenue for boosting usage of its Bing search engine.
Those of us who have watched VOIP for a while now always keep an eye out for cases where traditional voice carriers act defensively to keep people from using VOIP.
AT&T and Apple have each responded to the FCC inquiry regarding the rejection of the Google Voice app from Apple's App Store. The problem is that their answers don't seem to be in sync and neither of them really sounds like the truth.
In responses to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) inquiries about Google Voice, Apple Friday denied that it has rejected the application, AT&T said it played no part in Apple's iPhone application review process, and Google asked the agency to r...
RealNetworks wants to put Rhapsody, its music subscription service, on the iPhone. The application has been submitted to Apple and, if approved, will offer users unlimited music streaming over Wi-Fi, 3G and Edge for $US15 per month.
The developer of one of the Google Voice-related applications yanked from the iPhone App Store last month isn't buying Apple Inc.'s explanation to the Federal Communications Commission.
Wikipedia has launched an app for Apple's iPhone that converts the online encyclopedia's articles into a format that's easy to read on the smartphone.
Steve Jobs attempted to strike a deal with Palm to prevent the rival handset maker hiring Apple employees, according to <a href="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=ahgf6sIeFZ4c">Bloomberg</a>.
Owners of Apple's new iPhone 3GS love the device, but more than half of them hate AT&T, the smartphone's exclusive mobile carrier in the U.S., according to a just-released survey.
Despite a few iPhone lemons in the market, including a couple of iPhones and an iPod Touch that reportedly exploded in Europe, the vast majority of iPhone 3GS owners love their new phones. According to a survey by RBC/IQ ChangeWave, 99 percent of 200...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC